Ported successfully from ATTWS to VZW

JL

Hi all. I'm now a customer of VZW and so far so good. Did the porting at the
VZW store at the Newport Mall, NJ. The text welcome message took around four
hours to appear in my shiny LG VX4400B. My girlfriend took the 4500 (we
figured one of us needed analog for some of our long hiking trips).

Anything to watch out for with this model (4400)? Can "free" internet be
accessed with it?

My girlfriend is not 100% convinced of the 4500 (her first choice was the
Samsung 530) and is thinking of exchanging to it. What do you think of this?

Anyways, thanks for the recent advice. The porting process was certainly
painless in person.

JL

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 20:24:21 -0400, "JL" <jl@nospam.org> wrote:

>Hi all. I'm now a customer of VZW and so far so good. Did the porting at the
>VZW store at the Newport Mall, NJ. The text welcome message took around four
>hours to appear in my shiny LG VX4400B. My girlfriend took the 4500 (we
>figured one of us needed analog for some of our long hiking trips).
>
>Anything to watch out for with this model (4400)? Can "free" internet be
>accessed with it?
>
>My girlfriend is not 100% convinced of the 4500 (her first choice was the
>Samsung 530) and is thinking of exchanging to it. What do you think of this?
>
>Anyways, thanks for the recent advice. The porting process was certainly
>painless in person.

Glad to hear the port was painless. I've heard horror stories!

If your GF doesn't like her phone, make sure she exchanges it within
the 15 day grace period, otherwise she's stuck with it.

I like the LG models myself, though I think I may upgrade to a
Motorola v60s in the next couple of weeks.

Dave