Nforce msi 415 problems

G

Today i got the last of my parts for building my first custom Pc. I got the msi nforce415 because i didn't want the integrated graphics. I read the motherboard manual and installed everything accordingly, and tried turning it on but nothing happened. I then thought maybe my powersupply was dead so i took it out and tested it with another system, and it worked. Then i figured it was the motherboard. Absolutly nothing happens except one thing when i plug it in and flip the switch in the back. The cpu fan twitches very slightly. It hardly moves, but it does when i plug the power in and flip the switch. No other fans move or anything. Everything is still. I have an athlon 1800 in there with 512 megs of ddr(2 sticks of 256). I tried several different things, such as one stick of ram, with just cpu, taking everything off and starting from scratch, etc,etc,etc. If anyone can help or inform me if my mobo is dead, please do so, any help would be greatly appreciated.

-john

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Make sure the motherboard is not touching the case and causes short. Test it outside the box.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.