verizon or attwireless?

Sorry for repeating my question from yesterday but I'm still trying to get
people's experience with quality of the signal reception with verizon vs
attwireless GSM in NY metropolitan area , specifically in northern NJ.
Thanks,

roman

Verizon, period.

"romanigo" <romanigo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Sorry for repeating my question from yesterday but I'm still trying to get
> people's experience with quality of the signal reception with verizon vs
> attwireless GSM in NY metropolitan area , specifically in northern NJ.
> Thanks,
>
> roman

Some time around Mon, 19 Apr 2004 20:38:30 -0400 (give or take a month), someone who says they are
named "romanigo" <romanigo@hotmail.com> fired up the tubes on the teletype and rambled on about:

>people's experience with quality of the signal reception with verizon vs
>attwireless GSM in NY metropolitan area , specifically in northern NJ.
>Thanks,

I am not in NY, but I have had better coverage from AT&T in remote areas, and their phone selection
was much better. however their Customer Service was horrible. Verizon is okay.

-W

Yep, VZW

With the acquisition by Vodaphone/Cingular, AT&TW is in for a period of
consolidation as they merge. The end result _may_ well be an improved
system but for the next year or so, things could be very ugly.

DexAZ

"Debra D" <deblynn1@optonline.net> wrote in message
> I agree, verizon. AT&T is "spotty."

Roman,

I would stay away from GSM at least for now. The following link will take
you to a reception guide and people seem to have a lot of reception problems
with GSM.

http://www.cellreception.com/index.html

David R. Goyer

--
All email is scanned and deemed virus free by Norton Anti-Virus 2003.
"romanigo" <romanigo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Sorry for repeating my question from yesterday but I'm still trying to get
> people's experience with quality of the signal reception with verizon vs
> attwireless GSM in NY metropolitan area , specifically in northern NJ.
> Thanks,
>
> roman

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

In article <QeednTFzDOli7RndRVn-jw@comcast.com>,
"romanigo" <romanigo@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for repeating my question from yesterday but I'm still trying to get
> people's experience with quality of the signal reception with verizon vs
> attwireless GSM in NY metropolitan area , specifically in northern NJ.
> Thanks,
>
> roman

I read all the other responses, and I'm sure they are all pretty
accurate for GSM coverage in the recent past. Right now, AT&T has just
enhanced their network, lots more coverage at 850MHz, also sharing more
towers with Cingular, and I'm not so certain that those previous
who can really say since this coverage is new? I've been a Verizon user
for the last few years, a happy user, and I am also interested in how
AT&T's system compares TODAY, and even a few months from now. My 2 year
Verizon contract just expired, and I must admit that AT&T's selection of
phones and price plans are appealing.

I think that I'm going to take advantage of AT&T's 30 day trial offer on
their service and phone (The V600 seems very cool), while still keeping
my Verizon service. I travel everywhere in the tri-state NY-NJ-CT area,
even make my way to Philly and upstate NY, so I'll be able to get a good
read on how their new actual GSM coverage area compares to Verizon's.

May the best company win.

Steve