Delete Empty Folder with Permanent Read Only Set

I'm looking for help deleting a folder that was left on my desktop after an
aborted restore from a backup cd. The folder contains other folders. They
all have zero bytes. They all have their Read Only attribute boxes checked.
I am the sys admin but I can neither remove the Read Only attributes nor (of
course) delete the folders. They don't seem to be causing any computer
problems and I can move them to other locations in my file structure with no
apparent problem. I've tried many of the fixes found in the
1 answer Last reply
More about delete empty folder permanent read

    I have the exact same problem, I have run checkdisk, attempted just about every fix here and nothing. I have an old "My Documents" folder that contains several other folders. When I view them through explorer they appear as empty, however, I have noticed that other programs (ie. disk defragmentor) still report the information that was contained in these folders, and I am pretty certain that their volume has not been deleted from memory, because I should have a lot more available memory than I do. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

    "David Parker" wrote:

    > I'm looking for help deleting a folder that was left on my desktop after an
    > aborted restore from a backup cd. The folder contains other folders. They
    > all have zero bytes. They all have their Read Only attribute boxes checked.
    > I am the sys admin but I can neither remove the Read Only attributes nor (of
    > course) delete the folders. They don't seem to be causing any computer
    > problems and I can move them to other locations in my file structure with no
    > apparent problem. I've tried many of the fixes found in the

Read Only Microsoft Windows XP