No "backup" on System Tools

April 17, 2004 3:29:10 AM

I need to back up files, but there is no Backup icon om
my System Tools. All the articles I've read tell me to
manually install the backup feature from my Windows XP
Home CD-ROM, but my computer came with XP installed and I
don't have one. What can I do? Please help, and thanks
in advance for any advice!

More about : backup system tools

April 17, 2004 6:41:17 AM

"Melissa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02e001c42445$4b47da40$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> I need to back up files, but there is no Backup icon om
> my System Tools. All the articles I've read tell me to
> manually install the backup feature from my Windows XP
> Home CD-ROM, but my computer came with XP installed and I
> don't have one. What can I do? Please help, and thanks
> in advance for any advice!

You will have to refer to your PC maker for that answer. If you are still under warranty, tell them you need an installation disk.
Anonymous
April 17, 2004 6:41:18 AM

Check here http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#backup... You
may need to right click the download link and select "Save target" to
download

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message

"Melissa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to back up files, but there is no Backup icon om
> my System Tools. All the articles I've read tell me to
> manually install the backup feature from my Windows XP
> Home CD-ROM, but my computer came with XP installed and I
> don't have one. What can I do? Please help, and thanks
> in advance for any advice!

You will have to refer to your PC maker for that answer. If you are still
under warranty, tell them you need an installation disk.
April 17, 2004 6:41:19 AM

me You
>may need to right click the download link and
select "Save target" to
>download
>
>--
>
>Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
>www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>

>"Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message
>
>"Melissa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> I need to back up files, but there is no Backup icon om
>> my System Tools. All the articles I've read tell me to
>> manually install the backup feature from my Windows XP
>> Home CD-ROM, but my computer came with XP installed
and I
>> don't have one. What can I do? Please help, and
thanks
>> in advance for any advice!
>
>You will have to refer to your PC maker for that answer.
If you are still
>under warranty, tell them you need an installation disk.
>

>.
>I am contacting them right now. Thanks for your help, I
appreciate your time!
Anonymous
April 17, 2004 10:04:35 PM

"Melissa" said in news:02e001c42445$4b47da40$a101280a@phx.gbl:
> I need to back up files, but there is no Backup icon om
> my System Tools. All the articles I've read tell me to
> manually install the backup feature from my Windows XP
> Home CD-ROM, but my computer came with XP installed and I
> don't have one. What can I do? Please help, and thanks
> in advance for any advice!

Manually Install Backup in Windows XP Home Edition
http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/expertzone/tips/kell...

If you were not provided with a CD for Windows XP Home, it may be in a
hidden partition on your hard drive (and hence you don't get the full
capacity of your hard drive). Since is was pre-installed, there is also
the chance that the jobber that built the computer doesn't include
everything that is on the Microsoft-branded CD.

*** Email: domain = ".com" and append "=news=" to Subject.