No "backup" on System Tools

I need to back up files, but there is no Backup icon om
my System Tools. All the articles I've read tell me to
manually install the backup feature from my Windows XP
Home CD-ROM, but my computer came with XP installed and I
don't have one. What can I do? Please help, and thanks
in advance for any advice!
4 answers Last reply
More about backup system tools

    "Melissa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02e001c42445$4b47da40$a101280a@phx.gbl...
    > I need to back up files, but there is no Backup icon om
    > my System Tools. All the articles I've read tell me to
    > manually install the backup feature from my Windows XP
    > Home CD-ROM, but my computer came with XP installed and I
    > don't have one. What can I do? Please help, and thanks
    > in advance for any advice!

    You will have to refer to your PC maker for that answer. If you are still under warranty, tell them you need an installation disk.

    Check here http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#backup_home You
    may need to right click the download link and select "Save target" to
    download

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message

    "Melissa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I need to back up files, but there is no Backup icon om
    > my System Tools. All the articles I've read tell me to
    > manually install the backup feature from my Windows XP
    > Home CD-ROM, but my computer came with XP installed and I
    > don't have one. What can I do? Please help, and thanks
    > in advance for any advice!

    You will have to refer to your PC maker for that answer. If you are still
    under warranty, tell them you need an installation disk.

    appreciate your time!

    "Melissa" said in news:02e001c42445$4b47da40$a101280a@phx.gbl:
    > I need to back up files, but there is no Backup icon om
    > my System Tools. All the articles I've read tell me to
    > manually install the backup feature from my Windows XP
    > Home CD-ROM, but my computer came with XP installed and I
    > don't have one. What can I do? Please help, and thanks
    > in advance for any advice!

    Manually Install Backup in Windows XP Home Edition
    http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/expertzone/tips/kellytheriot/kelly00.asp

    If you were not provided with a CD for Windows XP Home, it may be in a
    hidden partition on your hard drive (and hence you don't get the full
    capacity of your hard drive). Since is was pre-installed, there is also
    the chance that the jobber that built the computer doesn't include
    everything that is on the Microsoft-branded CD.

    *** Email: domain = ".com" and append "=news=" to Subject.

Backup Microsoft Windows XP