Auto Play keeps popping up like a nag window

Hello. Can anyone help me on my dilema. I am using windows xp home edition on my new computer I just recently bought. It worked fine until this autoplay box keeps popping up every few seconds searching for something. I do not even have a cd in the tray. But when I loaded it with a disc it stops searching. Only when there is no disc in the player , the problem continues. Please give me any assistance to fix this annoying little pop up box.

Thanks

Youll have to find out what the service or program is specifically,
usually event viewer shows what starts and runs.Once you find that,
go to run,type:cmd in cmd type the service then add /d
like:mpservice /d the /d disables auto run,then type:EXIT

kelly

Check your root directory for an autorun.ini file. Delete them all, if
listed.

You can also opt to disabling Auto Play:

Disable CD AutoPlay for Home or Pro (Line 3)

All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"Puter Fellow" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello. Can anyone help me on my dilema. I am using windows xp home edition
> on my new computer I just recently bought. It worked fine until this
> autoplay box keeps popping up every few seconds searching for something. I
> do not even have a cd in the tray. But when I loaded it with a disc it
> stops searching. Only when there is no disc in the player , the problem
> continues. Please give me any assistance to fix this annoying little pop
> up box.
>
> Thanks

Hey Kelly, Andrew thanks for your quick response. To Andrew, I don't know what program prompted this box and how do i find out. All I know is every time I have an empty cd which is my drive letter E: this autoplay search box begins to search with the little flashlight. Please give me more specific on how to go about searching.

Thank you