Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Auto Play keeps popping up like a nag window

Tags:
  • Windows XP
April 17, 2004 5:11:01 PM

Hello. Can anyone help me on my dilema. I am using windows xp home edition on my new computer I just recently bought. It worked fine until this autoplay box keeps popping up every few seconds searching for something. I do not even have a cd in the tray. But when I loaded it with a disc it stops searching. Only when there is no disc in the player , the problem continues. Please give me any assistance to fix this annoying little pop up box.

Thanks

More about : auto play popping nag window

Anonymous
April 17, 2004 11:01:02 PM

Youll have to find out what the service or program is specifically,
usually event viewer shows what starts and runs.Once you find that,
go to run,type:cmd in cmd type the service then add /d
like:mpservice /d the /d disables auto run,then type:EXIT
April 18, 2004 4:49:14 AM

Check your root directory for an autorun.ini file. Delete them all, if
listed.

You can also opt to disabling Auto Play:

Disable CD AutoPlay for Home or Pro (Line 3)

All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"Puter Fellow" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello. Can anyone help me on my dilema. I am using windows xp home edition
> on my new computer I just recently bought. It worked fine until this
> autoplay box keeps popping up every few seconds searching for something. I
> do not even have a cd in the tray. But when I loaded it with a disc it
> stops searching. Only when there is no disc in the player , the problem
> continues. Please give me any assistance to fix this annoying little pop
> up box.
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
April 18, 2004 1:11:03 PM

Hey Kelly, Andrew thanks for your quick response. To Andrew, I don't know what program prompted this box and how do i find out. All I know is every time I have an empty cd which is my drive letter E: this autoplay search box begins to search with the little flashlight. Please give me more specific on how to go about searching.

Thank you