Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

DF2
Everytime I try to connect to a game, any DF2 game, I get booted after about
30 seconds. Even if I am by myself. I am a novice and would like to find
info for beginners. I am lost with all the anti cheat stuff? Does anybody
have the patience to help a 40ish newbie?

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Sure, what kinda help you need? I have played DF2 a while, and I am a
newbie in BHD...so I know how you feel. Lot's of jerks out there that can't
remember it's a game afterall. What do you mean "even if I'm by myself"?
You should try a different screen-name for starters, in case you are
assuming the name of a known cheater. I'm 32ish, so got patience. Good
luck.

"Jeremy Nicholes" <j8472@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Sure, what kinda help you need? I have played DF2 a while, and I am a
> newbie in BHD...so I know how you feel. Lot's of jerks out there that
can't
> remember it's a game afterall. What do you mean "even if I'm by myself"?
> You should try a different screen-name for starters, in case you are
> assuming the name of a known cheater. I'm 32ish, so got patience. Good
> luck.
> "sPs" <skinkskanker@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > DF2
> > Everytime I try to connect to a game, any DF2 game, I get booted after
> about
> > 30 seconds. Even if I am by myself. I am a novice and would like to find
> > info for beginners. I am lost with all the anti cheat stuff? Does
anybody
> > have the patience to help a 40ish newbie?

Wow. A voice of reason. Thanks for responding. These boards can be brutal.
What I meant by "by myself" was that I went into a "match" that no one was
actually playing. Unless the host booted me. But it started after I tried to
update my software which I can't seem to figure out at all. and I'm not
really a computer bonehead. It won't auto update and I et the following
message.
"FTP_ERR: Server response 550/pub/patches/df2rev0/xx: Access is denied.
An error occured during the update process. Please correct the problem and
re-run Update.exe"
I can't even tell what version I have so I can download the right update
file. I tried that and now I can't play for more than 30 seconds before I am
booted. I just tried changing my name and that did nothing. Where the @#$%
do you find the software version? Any ideas?

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Hello again, feel free to email my regular address if you want. Just don't
send me any viruses! I haven't tried to log onto DF2 server in a while, so
I will shortly to see if the problem is novalogic or you. What is your
system? Dial-up? Etc..? I have had to occasionally reinstall DF2 because
of unpredictable quirks (ie, losing player stats.) I can set up a map and
serve a password game in DF2 to help diagnose your issue if you like. I
actually prefer DF2 to BHD because I can usually defeat the cheats, but in
BHD it's hard to compete ( I don't understand cheaters. ) BHD's graphics
are great though. Try reinstall...make sure you install and play game from
same cd player. That is one problem I found. Also, get rid of any bs video
drivers that add bells and whistles you don't use, and get update to
directX. Set your display to 640 x 480 x 16bit to start and then increase
if you have no issues. Anyway, this will be easier to discuss in real time,
so give me a hollar. Back to my YES, Close to the Edge album.

RedDwarf

> "Jeremy Nicholes" <j8472@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> > Sure, what kinda help you need? I have played DF2 a while, and I am a
> > newbie in BHD...so I know how you feel. Lot's of jerks out there that
> can't
> > remember it's a game afterall. What do you mean "even if I'm by
myself"?
> > You should try a different screen-name for starters, in case you are
> > assuming the name of a known cheater. I'm 32ish, so got patience. Good
> > luck.
> > "sPs" <skinkskanker@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > DF2
> > > Everytime I try to connect to a game, any DF2 game, I get booted after
> > about
> > > 30 seconds. Even if I am by myself. I am a novice and would like to
find
> > > info for beginners. I am lost with all the anti cheat stuff? Does
> anybody
> > > have the patience to help a 40ish newbie?
> > >

> Wow. A voice of reason. Thanks for responding. These boards can be brutal.
> What I meant by "by myself" was that I went into a "match" that no one was
> actually playing. Unless the host booted me. But it started after I tried
> update my software which I can't seem to figure out at all. and I'm not
> really a computer bonehead. It won't auto update and I et the following
> message.
> "FTP_ERR: Server response 550/pub/patches/df2rev0/xx: Access is denied.
> An error occured during the update process. Please correct the problem and
> re-run Update.exe"
> I can't even tell what version I have so I can download the right update
> file. I tried that and now I can't play for more than 30 seconds before I
am
> booted. I just tried changing my name and that did nothing. Where the @#$%
> do you find the software version? Any ideas?

jlc

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

"sPs" <skinkskanker@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> DF2
> Everytime I try to connect to a game, any DF2 game, I get booted after
about
> 30 seconds. Even if I am by myself. I am a novice and would like to find
> info for beginners. I am lost with all the anti cheat stuff? Does anybody
> have the patience to help a 40ish newbie?

Recommed that you go to www.novalogic.com web site and see if there's a FAQ
for DF2 game there. Also, you can send email to NL tech support and
describe your problem to them. I've gotten good feedback from them in the
past on other issues.

Also, there are several DF web sites out there that have forums where people
post problems/questions. You might get a better answer there than in here.
Here's a few you might try (and you can always search for more):

http://dfbarracks.com/index.php
http://www.novahq.net/?

JLC

BTW you do have the latest video, sound, mb, DX, ... drivers installed
right?

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Down by the river. Seasons will pass you by......
Oh sorry, You mentioned Yes.
They don't put on a bad show.
I have been away. Doing the responsible work thing. I hate that.
I am using dsl with a lynksys router and zone alarm. All seem to be ok an
allowing me to enter. I thought that would be an issue, but it has been
connecting.

"JLC" <JLC@mars.com> wrote in message

> "sPs" <skinkskanker@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > DF2
> > Everytime I try to connect to a game, any DF2 game, I get booted after
> about
> > 30 seconds. Even if I am by myself. I am a novice and would like to find
> > info for beginners. I am lost with all the anti cheat stuff? Does
anybody
> > have the patience to help a 40ish newbie?
> >

> Recommed that you go to www.novalogic.com web site and see if there's a
> for DF2 game there. Also, you can send email to NL tech support and
> describe your problem to them. I've gotten good feedback from them in the
> past on other issues.
>
> Also, there are several DF web sites out there that have forums where
people
> post problems/questions. You might get a better answer there than in
here.
> Here's a few you might try (and you can always search for more):
>
> http://dfbarracks.com/index.php
> http://www.novahq.net/?
>

> JLC
>
> BTW you do have the latest video, sound, mb, DX, ... drivers installed
> right?

I've kept my drivers up to date without direvtly going to the Manu's web
site but I keep up with the windows updates. I will try the sites you
mentioned also.