drvtec

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
Hi, Can someone give me a quick rundown of the right wiring for this set up. I have a TDK VELOCD 24X burner and Pioneer DVD on one cable and the other I have WD80G HD, I just bought WD 1200JB 120g drive, question is how should they be set up for master and slave the 80g will be my main system drive and the 120 for music and video. should they be on the same IDE cable or should they be mixed like 1:((80G(master) and TDK(master))--- 2((120g(slave) and DVD(slave)) The 80G should be set as MASTER right, How about the TDK AND Pioneer witch should be Master and Slave(tdk is master now). I hardly ever use the DVD. I just ordered a set of Rounded IDE cables but im not sure if I will be able to fit them with my currant drive locations. THEY MAY have to Remain that both hard drives are on one cable and the CD and DVD on the other. they are sending 18" and 24".. WHICH IS THE BEST LAYOUT FOR MY PROBLEM?? thanks guys

my drive layout from top to bottom is

DVD I like this on top cause of the SLOT
TDK
AUDIGY I like this here so my cables dont hang over
blank 3.5
Floppy
HD
HD
I guess if i have to I can put one of the HD's in the blank above the floppy. and link it to the DVD on top.

OH and 1 last thing is the floppy really nes. cause i never use floppys. could i just make a recovery disk for the CD. in case of a bad crash. The Floppy accually apears to be dead. it came installed in my case from colorcase. and it shows no sign of life at all. its a sony that was only like $12 so i never called to complain.

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
Best policy is always to put both hard drives as master, and both optical drives as slave. Boot hard drive should be master on IDE1, other hard drive master on IDE2. Doesn't really matter which IDE bus you put each optical on (as slave of course).

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>