parental control

Does XP Home edition come with any type of parental control??
Thakns .........
7 answers Last reply
More about parental control

    Greetings --

    Not as such, but the necessary tools do exist to help.

    HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q308418

    HOW TO Use the Internet Explorer 6 Content Advisor to Control Access
    to Web Sites in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310401

    Protect Your PC

    For some requirements, you may find it easier to invest in a
    3rd-party solution, such as NetNanny or CyberPatrol.

    You need to be aware, however, that *NO* technical or software
    solution is fool-proof, and _none_ can ever adequately take the place
    of live parental supervision.

    Bruce Chambers

    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. -- RAH

    "Van" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Does XP Home edition come with any type of parental control??
    > Thakns .........

    Thanks to everyone for your help ........

    Consider purchasing a good Internet Security program,
    such as Symantec's Norton Internet Security 2004 and
    enable "Parental Controls".

    Norton Internet Security 2004
    http://www.symantec.com/sabu/nis/nis_pe/features.html

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "Van" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

    | Does XP Home edition come with any type of parental control??
    | Thakns .........

    Hi,

    There are some things you can do, but it's limited. What sort of control are
    you looking for?

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Van" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Does XP Home edition come with any type of parental control??
    > Thakns .........

    Teenager and porn sites ......

    Thanks Rick ........

    What is it about your parents that you want XP to control?

    Greetings --

    LOL

    Bruce Chambers

    --