parental control

Does XP Home edition come with any type of parental control??
Thakns .........

Greetings --

Not as such, but the necessary tools do exist to help.

HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q308418

HOW TO Use the Internet Explorer 6 Content Advisor to Control Access
to Web Sites in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310401

Protect Your PC

For some requirements, you may find it easier to invest in a
3rd-party solution, such as NetNanny or CyberPatrol.

You need to be aware, however, that *NO* technical or software
solution is fool-proof, and _none_ can ever adequately take the place
of live parental supervision.

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

"Van" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does XP Home edition come with any type of parental control??
> Thakns .........

Thanks to everyone for your help ........

Consider purchasing a good Internet Security program,
such as Symantec's Norton Internet Security 2004 and
enable "Parental Controls".

Norton Internet Security 2004
http://www.symantec.com/sabu/nis/nis_pe/features.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Van" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

| Does XP Home edition come with any type of parental control??
| Thakns .........

Hi,

There are some things you can do, but it's limited. What sort of control are
you looking for?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

"Van" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does XP Home edition come with any type of parental control??
> Thakns .........

Teenager and porn sites ......

Thanks Rick ........

What is it about your parents that you want XP to control?

Greetings --

LOL

Bruce Chambers

--