I don't want to have to enter PW

April 18, 2004 10:35:42 PM

My system never used to ask me for PW until some update file changed it. How
do I return back to not having to hit enter and not see logon PW screen? I
am the only user and on home LAN.

Thanks
Anti

More about : enter

Anonymous
April 18, 2004 11:47:26 PM

Hi

Try this:

From Start>Run type in

control userpasswords2

then uncheck 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this
computer' and click 'Apply'. On the next screen - 'Automatically Log On' -
delete the name 'Administrator' from the User name box and enter your
account name and then the password in the next two boxes. OK your way out
and then reboot your system.

--

Will Denny

MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
"Anti Sam" <AntiSam@work@lookout.net> wrote in message
> My system never used to ask me for PW until some update file changed it.
> How
> do I return back to not having to hit enter and not see logon PW screen? I
> am the only user and on home LAN.
>
> Thanks
> Anti

---
April 20, 2004 1:28:42 PM

Thank you for the reply. I installed Treek UI and did it that way. I hope
this was not a mistake but it seems fine now.
Regards
Sam

> Hi
>
> Try this:
>
> From Start>Run type in
>
> control userpasswords2
>
> then uncheck 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this
> computer' and click 'Apply'. On the next screen - 'Automatically Log
On' -
> delete the name 'Administrator' from the User name box and enter your
> account name and then the password in the next two boxes. OK your way out
> and then reboot your system.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
>
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> "Anti Sam" <AntiSam@work@lookout.net> wrote in message
> > My system never used to ask me for PW until some update file changed it.
> > How
> > do I return back to not having to hit enter and not see logon PW screen?
> > am the only user and on home LAN.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Anti
> >

> ---

April 20, 2004 2:30:40 PM

Hi

Whichever way suits you best - glad you have solved your problem.

--

> Thank you for the reply. I installed Treek UI and did it that way. I hope
> this was not a mistake but it seems fine now.
> Regards
> Sam

>> Hi
>>
>> Try this:
>>
>> From Start>Run type in
>>
>> control userpasswords2
>>
>> then uncheck 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this
>> computer' and click 'Apply'. On the next screen - 'Automatically Log
> On' -
>> delete the name 'Administrator' from the User name box and enter your
>> account name and then the password in the next two boxes. OK your way
>> out
>> and then reboot your system.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>>
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> "Anti Sam" <AntiSam@work@lookout.net> wrote in message
>> > My system never used to ask me for PW until some update file changed
>> > it.
>> > How
>> > do I return back to not having to hit enter and not see logon PW
>> > screen?
>> > am the only user and on home LAN.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Anti