Sony just lost all of my respect.

Aids

Distinguished
May 16, 2004
Not that sony had my respect to begin with, but this just pushed it over the edge. For those of you who were watching E3 tonight (in the us) and are going to continue to watch it, you will find out that sony, yes sony, is putting "motion sensors" in thier controllers.... Hmm.. I wonder who else may of done that. Oh emmm maybe... NINTENDO!

When they announced that i almost fell out of my chair. Sony, being the multibillion dollar company that they are, shouldnt have to copy other companys ideas just to sell thiers. Also, sony released thier pricing ranges. 500 dollars and 600 dollars for thier standard and premium packages.

That is a lot of dough for some family to have to fork up so thier kid can be satisfied for a little while until something new and better comes out. Also, sony is going to have an OS running in the background when you play games, not only did they take that from the xbox 360, that is RETARDED! I mean honestly, do you need something running in the background at all times, you could be using those system resources for something useful... like games maybe. Sorry guys, this is more like a blog than it is anything but i figured i would let you in on how i feel about this. Im going to go take a poop.

sandmannight

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
hmmm. I thought E3 started tomm. Who cares if they put the best things about xbox360 and Nintendo. I would buy the one that had both features.

Artmic

Distinguished
May 27, 2002
I've seen it, god, the guy on the stage was just shoving some PS2 and PSP facts when he started his talk, i guess to remind people how great their consoles are.... i got a feeling SONY is losing it,
Imagine playing MGS without the vibration function of the controler... great they added motion sensing functionality, i guess i will be throwing it against hte wall, Sense that SONY

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It was more the prepped demos, almost passed off as in-game that annoyed me, and cast doubts on the state of the hardware. I was unimpressed overall, and I think there was a good reason Sony left the good stuff 'till last, lest everyone had a straight go at them walking out the door.

Aids

Distinguished
May 16, 2004
I do consider myself more of a pc gamer, but i like to include myself in the console world. I agree that not including the vibration in thier controller is a big mistake. Also, im usually all about the best of the best when it comes to hardware. For example, Nvidia invented SLI, ATI invented crossfire. Didnt really bother me. But for a comapny like sony to straight up mimic someone elses technology and expect it to be a something that they are known for. ugh, it discusts me. But i do belive that sony, with the ps3, might not go the way that they want it to. And by that i mean down the toilet.

Snorkius

Splendid
Sep 16, 2003
Company A comes out with a good idea. Company B copies the idea.

DAMN THEM FOR IT!!!oneoneeleventy

Seriously, dude, Sony may have a lot of faults: belonging to the music publishing cartel, price-premiums, DRM etc. etc. etc.

But implementing a good idea like that in such a short time-frame, and especially if the implementation is good (something I'm not convinced about) is not something to be scorned at.

Aids

Distinguished
May 16, 2004
I understand what your saying, and for the most part you are correct i guess. If a company can take someone elses idea (microsoft) and use it better and make something out of it, then they deserve what they get. But i guess im just stuck on principles, sony is just this buisness giant, you would think that they could come up with "revolutionary" ideas on thier own. But other than that i guess it will be ok in the end. I cant wait to download old snes/sega games on to my revoultio..errr "wii"

pswenne

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
everyone is suprised to see Sony use Nintendo "idea".... well how many times has other company used Sony "idea"... for exemple the controllers, don't they all look like the PS1 controllers.... Didn't Nintendo leave the 3 bar design of the 64 for the "normal" 2 bar controllers after they saw Sony do release it?

Also sony was the first ones to add a DVD player functionality to their console, then for some reason when the Xbox came out they had it 2.

Now this is something commun in the industry, being music, console, movies, games... etc. If someone has a good idea.. you can safely bet a different company will take the idea and use it.

And also... what makes all of you think Sony didn't already had plan to put this in the PS3 and that they decided to wait for E3 to talk about it? Just because Nintendo said something before doesn't mean Sony copied them... they just didn't talked about it before

Now i'm not a console fan... at all... but I can't understand why people are so pissed off because of a little add-on to the console

Nil

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2004
The solution to this is to stop concerning yourself about consoles and stick with pc gaming.

While that may be true, my wife will require that I purchase whatever it takes to play Kingdom Hearts 3 (assuming they make it). So it can't hurt to look to see what's coming down the pipeline.

Aids

Distinguished
May 16, 2004
DVD is a format, not an idea, sony put a dvd player in thier system because DVD players were so expensive at the time in japan. People could just buy a dvd player for x amount of money, or purchase A PS2 for quite a bit cheaper. DVD's are also the only thing you can fit that much information on. So its more of an almost have to thing, not an idea. And sonys controller idea for the ps1, the 64 came out before the ps1 i do belive. But listen, i understand that taking ideas isnt a real big thing, because innovative ideas are acceptable no matter who invented them as long as they work. But im tired of companys, sony in particular taking ideas, manipulating them and saying they are thier "innovative ideas". And the ps3 controller was just recently changed due to all this, you know why? They were sued by an unknown to my knowlege company for the vibration in thier controller to be taken out. So the ps3 does not have a vibrating controller, they needed something else i assume. But whatever, if the ps3 amazes me with its awesomeness then sure ill buy it. I just dont like to see the little guys get pushed around thats all.

blader15sk8

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
article date: November 25, 2003
http://sony.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/4815/

Doesn't matter if it was built into the controller, or some other method, but Sony floated the idea of Motion Sensing first.

Besides, Sonys "motion Sensing" controller isnt even as advanced as nintendo's, and will not have all the same freedom as the Wii's controller anyway.

pswenne

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
yes you are right about the DVD but you are proving my point on the N64 controllers... since the N64 came out before the PS1. The PS1 came out with the "new, better, more comftable" controller, and so Nintendo when they released the Cube by coincidence decided to use the same design? No they saw that it worked and they adapted it and used it for their new console.

So we saw Nintendo ( and Microsoft) use Sony's idea for the controller in the past. Now Sony is returning the favor.

Now I did say before that I am not a console freak ( actualy I would sell a PS3 to buy a better computer lol) so don't think I'm a PS fanboy. I just don't see why people are making such a big deal out of something so small...

Aids

Distinguished
May 16, 2004
I defenatly agree with you on selling your stuff for a good pc. But i fail to see how nintendo took sonys idea for a controller. I mean the gamecube came out, and they were looking for a new controller because the n64 controller didnt go over to well with the fans. It was flimsy and didnt have many features that they wanted. The style of the Gcube controller is a more decked out version of a snes if you want to get real technical. Controllers were, up until the Wii came out, sord of generic. But we will see how the Wii controller does when it comes out later on this year. By the way, is anyone going to pay 500/600 for a ps3?

Aids

Distinguished
May 16, 2004
I agree with you man. I dont know about the idea's or anything like that because im sure all the companys toyed with the idea. Its just getting it to work is the hard part. Apparently nintendo has done thier research on this new controller of thiers.

crizazykid2

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
You mean abbreviations or a lack of punctuation? I can stand some abbreviations (as I know the basic ones), but a lack of correct punctuation can make something totally incomprehensible.

TRENDING THREADS