what? no usb 2.0 on intel mobo?

G

[EDIT: I checked out the Intel specs and indeed their motherboard does have the old ICH2 southbridge that doesn't support USB 2.0 according to THG. I think they must have added some chips for the USB 2.0 support or something]

So, whats up with the latest article about the 850E chipset? I have heard that Intel doesn't officially support the new 1066 RDRAM (its supposed to work anyway). But even Intel's site says that some of its 850E mobos support USB 2.0. Here is the quote:

Designed for the Intel® 850E chipset, the Desktop Board D850EMV2 utilizes the full bandwidth and performance in the Pentium 4 processor with dual RAMBUS* channels and brings Hi-Speed USB 2.0 connectivity to the desktop.

(http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/MV2/)

Just ordered my new system from Alienware w/ the 1066 RDRAM and USB 2.0 support (I darn well hope)!!!!!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by cocheese on 05/15/02 06:51 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

well...I'll let you know once I get it :)

Then I'll let you know when its paid off :(

Where else could I get a bright green computer!?!?

FatBurger

Illustrious
Price of Antec case: $80
Price of 1 can bright green spray paint: $9
One hour painting case: Free

Having the look you want without being ass raped: Priceless

There are some things money should buy. Alienware is not one of them.

<font color=blue>Hi mom!</font color=blue>

Spiritof55

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
I considered alienware for my next pc but realized I could save hundreds buying the components separately. I'm sure alienware have great systems just a little expensive. Same situation with falcon northwest...heck...that can be said of any pre-built system. Its what you wanted...you're getting it...makes you happy...then thats all that matters. I just want to relate my discovery to anyone else who may read this thread. Newegg.com has tons of stuff at good prices...check 'em out sometime.

XEnigma88

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2001
I don't know if they have any bright green cases, but www.colorcases.com has some pretty cool cases.

:lol: <b>Rhode Island is neither a road, nor an island. Discuss!</b> :lol: