Can't get computer to install CD-R/RW LG CED-8080B

My Daughter gave me a Dell demension 4100. She had an extra harddrive
which was giving me problems , but that part is fixed, but now it shows
I do not have a CD in my computer . I have tried to have the computer
plug and play it and it won't. I have tried to install the drivers and
it still does not show up. I have changed bios to secondary Master and
still no luck. Any suggestions?

Got it fixed It was in the Bios and changed one setting to both and it
now works

Your CD drive doesn't need a driver, and you clearly don't understand BIOS settings. We wish people would research the way to do things right - including asking here - instead of taking stabs in the dark.

Was your CD drive ever recognized by Windows, i.e., did it ever appear in My Computer? If yes, what were you doing on the computer around thge time it stopped being recognized?

Ted Zieglar