url.dll missing after trying myie2 as a browser

Tags:
  • Browsers
  • DLL
  • Windows XP
April 18, 2004 8:23:15 PM

I tried MYIE2 browser after seeing good comments in PCMAG or PCWORLD.
However, some things I did not like and went back to IE6.

Now url.dll is missing. I have filemaker pro which uses this dll in its
script functions to open browser and to to ulr listed in a specific field of
my dB. Now FMPro won't open the url. It would in myie2, but not ie6.

Does url.dll belong in the windows system file with xp? How do I reinstall
the dll?

Roger

More about : url dll missing myie2 browser

Anonymous
April 18, 2004 9:33:30 PM

"Roger Wilkerson" <rogerq@megapathdsl.net> wrote in message
> I tried MYIE2 browser after seeing good comments in PCMAG or PCWORLD.
> However, some things I did not like and went back to IE6.
>
> Now url.dll is missing. I have filemaker pro which uses this dll in its
> script functions to open browser and to to ulr listed in a specific field
of
> my dB. Now FMPro won't open the url. It would in myie2, but not ie6.
>
> Does url.dll belong in the windows system file with xp? How do I
reinstall
> the dll?
>
> Roger
====================================

Start > Run > sfc /scannow <Press Enter>

If prompted for your XP CD, insert it...

If the XP CD autoruns, close the autorun Window...

Once the sfc /scannow completes,

Restart the computer

Start Run > cmd <Press Enter>

Command Prompt Window opens...

cd\ <Press Enter>

regsvr32 url.dll <Press Enter>

Does that command succeed?

If so click OK

exit <Press Enter>

Restart computer

Test your File Maker Pro again...

If it still does not work,

What "exact" error message?

Is Internet Explorer working properly?

============================
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 1:54:38 AM

try mozilla.org "firefox" browser .blocks popups and has
other downloads for it. plus no hijackers.and a cookie
control that tells you if cookies are bad or good and easy
to use interface.

Anonymous
April 19, 2004 1:21:07 PM

While I admit that Firefox is an excellent browser it still is too hard to configure for most users and making changes requires some basic programming skills. XP SP2 will add a pop-up blocker and advanced firewall and cookie handling. I've had it for just over a month now and other than some very minor glitches like renaming my XP Home Edition to Windows XP Media Edition it has performed flawlessly. SP2 final release should be here by the middle of the summer. Have fun. {:~)
!