I am the adminastrator and somehow I have managed to chang..

Please help me.I have just installed XP on my computer and ahve no idea really how to use it properly yet.I made an admin.Account for me and a limited account for my Son.Now when I go to the welcome page and enter my passord is ask me if i forgot it.It also says to check my hint which I know what it is and it doesn't help me a bit.So i nees to know if there is a way to find out what I have changed the password to. Or if I can override it and then re-do it all .Please help if you can. Thanks People

Hi,

Doesn't make much sense to have a passworded system that is easily overrode
now does it? Did you set a password on the administrator account as well? If
not, then by default it is blank. For WinXP Pro, hit ctrl+alt+delete twice
at the logon screen to access the older logon menu and type in
administrator. For WinXP Home, restart in safe mode by hitting F8 at startup
and use the administrator logon. Once logged on, you can reset your user
account's password (control panel/users).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

"Zip39705" <zip39705@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Please help me.I have just installed XP on my computer and ahve no idea
> really how to use it properly yet.I made an admin.Account for me and a
> limited account for my Son.Now when I go to the welcome page and enter my
> passord is ask me if i forgot it.It also says to check my hint which I
> know what it is and it doesn't help me a bit.So i nees to know if there is
> a way to find out what I have changed the password to. Or if I can
> override it and then re-do it all .Please help if you can. Thanks People

Something here may help:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/