gaming assistance required

I am sorry if I have missed this in faq, I looked but could not see anything that resembled my problem from the titles. Just up-graded from W98 to WXP and now find that every single one of the kids' games will not load onto computer.
Data Error: Cyclic Redundancy Check
This message occurs every single time with each game, not always at the same percentage of download. Games are general strategy... Medal of Honour, Stronghold Crusader, etc.
School's still out and I have three very frustrated boys here! I hope someone can help me get around this problem. Thank you!

does this help?

Data or Program Settings Are Missing After You Install Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313362&Product=winxp

"sljh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am sorry if I have missed this in faq, I looked but could not see
anything that resembled my problem from the titles. Just up-graded from W98
to WXP and now find that every single one of the kids' games will not load
onto computer.
> Data Error: Cyclic Redundancy Check
> This message occurs every single time with each game, not always at the
same percentage of download. Games are general strategy... Medal of Honour,
Stronghold Crusader, etc.
> School's still out and I have three very frustrated boys here! I hope
someone can help me get around this problem. Thank you!

sorry... but no, it didn't! :eek:( I knew when I was loading WXP that I would lose all my files and folders, and had sent all important files in an email to sit in the ether whilst I performed the task. I assumed that once I had loaded WXP that I could just reinstall all the kids games, of course they would have lost their saved games, but it would keep them amused catching up again! But WXP has done something that is not enabling any games to be installed for some reason known only to itself.

TRENDING THREADS