test if ur rig can play the games

invictus25

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
hey guys, some of u may definitely know about this site but i just thought of putting it up...at this site, there are a few famous game title and it would test if ur system actually meets the min and recommended req of the games itself...take a look at it yourself...

http://www.srtest.com/referrer/srtest

btw, any1 plays america's army??? :D

pswenne

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
I don't understand why people would go on a web site to verify if the computer they own can play a game they want to buy..... and that without talking about the security issue to allow an outsider to have acess to the specs of your computer... or other things they can then use ..

how hard is it to look at the min requirement on the box, the web site of the game or any review and compare that to your computer? :roll:

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
I don't understand why people would go on a web site to verify if the computer they own can play a game they want to buy..... and that without talking about the security issue to allow an outsider to have acess to the specs of your computer... or other things they can then use ..

how hard is it to look at the min requirement on the box, the web site of the game or any review and compare that to your computer? :roll:

i think the main idea behind it is the fact the average joe consumer does not know nor understand what hardware his computer has, so therefore when he looks at the box and see's "This game requires T&L enabled graphics cards" he will just assume that his pc has this cause "its a pc game and i have a pc so thereofre it will work"(unfortunatly ppl like this exist, just look at all the why wont oblivion run on my geforce4 threads, cause its not supported! it says so on the box). with this website the average joe doesnt need to know what is inside his computer cause the site does it all for him.

invictus25

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
looks like a pretty secure site to me
Ditto. That's really useful, it tells you what you need and then gives you a link to where to get it.

well, different ppl just have different opinions about having their system tested...i wont mind if it is secured and i definitely know my rig, the specs and its functions...

DaBigHurt

Distinguished
May 21, 2006
I defenetly know of a few ppl that can have use for this site, its a good idea, Nvidia also has something like that in their website downloads section but not for all games.

I remember getting:
"Your Rig will ROCK this product"
"You lucky Dog, wish we had a rig like yours."

It was pretty funny, I also think its a good idea.

Alienware also has a "compare your rig to ours" .exe.