missing address book

Adi

Hi, All,
Please help if you can - 2 gurus so far and no joy!

I have recently bought a new computer with XP home edition
preloaded, together with Outlook Express 6. My old machine
had OE and Windows 98.

I transferred my old hard drive to the new machine where
it is now in place as a "slave". It appears to be working
normally.

The problem is that my old OE address book has vanished. I
have found and transferred all my old emails to the new OE
from the old hard drive, but when I search for a *.wab
file or even for "address" or "address book", all I find
are empty address books. By that I mean that when I open
the "Default.wab" file, there are no addresses in it. This
is odd, because the file size is 172K, which seems to
indicate there should be something there....

Any ideas would be very welcome!

Thanks for your help.

Adi.

Gordon

"Adi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, All,
> Please help if you can - 2 gurus so far and no joy!
>
> I have recently bought a new computer with XP home edition
> preloaded, together with Outlook Express 6. My old machine
> had OE and Windows 98.
>
> I transferred my old hard drive to the new machine where
> it is now in place as a "slave". It appears to be working
> normally.
>
> The problem is that my old OE address book has vanished. I
> have found and transferred all my old emails to the new OE
> from the old hard drive, but when I search for a *.wab
> file or even for "address" or "address book", all I find
> are empty address books. By that I mean that when I open
> the "Default.wab" file, there are no addresses in it. This
> is odd, because the file size is 172K, which seems to
> indicate there should be something there....
>
> Any ideas would be very welcome!
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Adi.

Have you tried to IMPORT instead of open?

Adi wrote:
> Hi, All,
> Please help if you can - 2 gurus so far and no joy!
>
> I have recently bought a new computer with XP home edition
> preloaded, together with Outlook Express 6. My old machine
> had OE and Windows 98.
>
> I transferred my old hard drive to the new machine where
> it is now in place as a "slave". It appears to be working
> normally.
>
> The problem is that my old OE address book has vanished. I
> have found and transferred all my old emails to the new OE
> from the old hard drive, but when I search for a *.wab
> file or even for "address" or "address book", all I find
> are empty address books. By that I mean that when I open
> the "Default.wab" file, there are no addresses in it. This
> is odd, because the file size is 172K, which seems to
> indicate there should be something there....
>
> Any ideas would be very welcome!
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Adi.

Is MS Outlook or Office also installed, now or ever?
--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

TRENDING THREADS