  • Servers
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
July 14, 2004 10:07:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Hi there People:
As the subject says I'm kind of new to BHD & TS but looking for answers
about game play on Nova Servers,
1/ When in a capture the flag type game and there are Helo's on pads, when
it (the Helo) takes off can one steer/guide command it where you want or
are you at the mersy of the gamer.
2/ The sniper rifel scope can one change the the magnification like the the
other games of DF.
3/ If one gones in as a sniper then changes their mind do you have to leave
the game to change, (I've tried to change rifes and all I can get is another
snipe rifle)
4/ Does anyone know of a good Nova server where cheats don't get in, seems
like some now are useing stelth mod and going around knifeing everyone. But
I guess one can leave.

Well these are my Q's hope someone might have some answers.. Thanks in
advance

Lite

More about : bhd info

Anonymous
July 15, 2004 1:42:45 PM

"Lightnen" <lightnenNoSpam@mnsi.net> wrote in message
> Hi there People:
> As the subject says I'm kind of new to BHD & TS but looking for answers
> about game play on Nova Servers,
> 1/ When in a capture the flag type game and there are Helo's on pads,
when
> it (the Helo) takes off can one steer/guide command it where you want or
> are you at the mersy of the gamer.

No the Helis are AI controlled and take you to waypoints and set down etc

> 2/ The sniper rifel scope can one change the the magnification like the
the
> other games of DF.

Yes you can, check the manual it's in there and then you can remap the key
to where you want it

> 3/ If one gones in as a sniper then changes their mind do you have to
leave
> the game to change, (I've tried to change rifes and all I can get is
another
> snipe rifle)

Go to the armoury and you can change character type in there

> 4/ Does anyone know of a good Nova server where cheats don't get in,
seems
> like some now are useing stelth mod and going around knifeing everyone.
But
> I guess one can leave.

Sorry can't help on this one

> Well these are my Q's hope someone might have some answers.. Thanks in
> advance
>
> Lite

No problem happy gaming

Regards

---
July 15, 2004 9:34:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Hay there Gaoler, thanks for the info I think I have it now guess I should
have looked at the keyboard lay out a little closer. Think I was into the
Barrecks and read something about theres a patch for newer weapons and
scopes but didn't bother to save it any idea on this. Also is there any good
servers that one can connect to with a dial up (56K) I know I know but I
can't get cable or DSL out my way and don't look like it anytime soon. Oh
well guess I can keep trying until someone bans me from playing..
Thanks for the Help again..

Lite..

Gaoler <gaoler@NOPSPAM.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Lightnen" <lightnenNoSpam@mnsi.net> wrote in message
> > Hi there People:
> > As the subject says I'm kind of new to BHD & TS but looking for
answers
> > about game play on Nova Servers,
> > 1/ When in a capture the flag type game and there are Helo's on pads,
> when
> > it (the Helo) takes off can one steer/guide command it where you want
or
> > are you at the mersy of the gamer.
>
> No the Helis are AI controlled and take you to waypoints and set down etc
>
> > 2/ The sniper rifel scope can one change the the magnification like the
> the
> > other games of DF.
>
> Yes you can, check the manual it's in there and then you can remap the key
> to where you want it
>

> > 3/ If one gones in as a sniper then changes their mind do you have to
> leave
> > the game to change, (I've tried to change rifes and all I can get is
> another
> > snipe rifle)
>
> Go to the armoury and you can change character type in there
>

> > 4/ Does anyone know of a good Nova server where cheats don't get in,
> seems
> > like some now are useing stelth mod and going around knifeing everyone.
> But
> > I guess one can leave.
>
> Sorry can't help on this one
>

> > Well these are my Q's hope someone might have some answers.. Thanks in
> > advance
> >
> > Lite
> >

> No problem happy gaming
>
> Regards
>

> ---

July 16, 2004 2:51:46 AM

> Hay there Gaoler, thanks for the info I think I have it now guess I should
> have looked at the keyboard lay out a little closer. Think I was into the
> Barrecks and read something about theres a patch for newer weapons and
> scopes but didn't bother to save it any idea on this. Also is there any
good
> servers that one can connect to with a dial up (56K) I know I know but I
> can't get cable or DSL out my way and don't look like it anytime soon. Oh
> well guess I can keep trying until someone bans me from playing..
> Thanks for the Help again..
>
> Lite..

The new weapons come with Team Sabre if you have that add on. As for good
servers all i can say is just play on a few and get a feel for them. That
way you will get to know them better and will then adopt favourites

Regards

---
July 16, 2004 2:51:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Ok thanks there Gaoler, I've been trying to do that for a couple of days
now, but can't really get the feel for it guess many because of the dial up
here.
Oh and yes I do have the up grade TS so I guess I'll have to be happy with
the weapons I have, thought they'd at least put a silencer on one of the
sniper rifles.. LOL
Well thanks for all the info.. Happy shooten to ya..

> "Lightnen" <lightnenNoSpam@mnsi.net> wrote in message
> > Hay there Gaoler, thanks for the info I think I have it now guess I
should
> > have looked at the keyboard lay out a little closer. Think I was into
the
> > Barrecks and read something about theres a patch for newer weapons and
> > scopes but didn't bother to save it any idea on this. Also is there any
> good
> > servers that one can connect to with a dial up (56K) I know I know but I
> > can't get cable or DSL out my way and don't look like it anytime soon.
Oh
> > well guess I can keep trying until someone bans me from playing..
> > Thanks for the Help again..
> >
> > Lite..
>
> The new weapons come with Team Sabre if you have that add on. As for good
> servers all i can say is just play on a few and get a feel for them. That
> way you will get to know them better and will then adopt favourites
>
> Regards
>

> ---

July 20, 2004 7:40:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

"Lightnen" <lightnenNoSpam@mnsi.net> wrote in message
> Hi there People:
> As the subject says I'm kind of new to BHD & TS but looking for answers
> about game play on Nova Servers,
> 1/ When in a capture the flag type game and there are Helo's on pads,
when
> it (the Helo) takes off can one steer/guide command it where you want or
> are you at the mersy of the gamer.

Nope. If you want to fly helos and drive vehicles, then recommend you get
Joint Ops by NL. Try their demo.

> 2/ The sniper rifel scope can one change the the magnification like the
the
> other games of DF.

Hit F1 during game play. All your keys are listed there. Use page up and
down to scroll thru them. I use this cause I don't keep my manual handy and
sometimes I forget a key or two.

> 3/ If one gones in as a sniper then changes their mind do you have to
leave
> the game to change, (I've tried to change rifes and all I can get is
another
> snipe rifle)

When you are in the Armory, there's an option to change soldier class there.
Also, at the start of the next map, there's usually a limited amount of time
where you can hit the 0 key and change class/weapons.

> 4/ Does anyone know of a good Nova server where cheats don't get in,
seems
> like some now are useing stelth mod and going around knifeing everyone.
But
> I guess one can leave.

Search the web for DF sites. They usually have links to clans that run a
clean server. like www.dfbarracks.com

!