I'm new to BHD and looking for info

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Hi there People:
As the subject says I'm kind of new to BHD & TS but looking for answers
about game play on Nova Servers,
1/ When in a capture the flag type game and there are Helo's on pads, when
it (the Helo) takes off can one steer/guide command it where you want or
are you at the mersy of the gamer.
2/ The sniper rifel scope can one change the the magnification like the the
other games of DF.
3/ If one gones in as a sniper then changes their mind do you have to leave
the game to change, (I've tried to change rifes and all I can get is another
snipe rifle)
4/ Does anyone know of a good Nova server where cheats don't get in, seems
like some now are useing stelth mod and going around knifeing everyone. But
I guess one can leave.

Well these are my Q's hope someone might have some answers.. Thanks in
advance

Lite
5 answers Last reply
More about info
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    "Lightnen" <lightnenNoSpam@mnsi.net> wrote in message
    > Hi there People:
    > As the subject says I'm kind of new to BHD & TS but looking for answers
    > about game play on Nova Servers,
    > 1/ When in a capture the flag type game and there are Helo's on pads,
    when
    > it (the Helo) takes off can one steer/guide command it where you want or
    > are you at the mersy of the gamer.

    No the Helis are AI controlled and take you to waypoints and set down etc

    > 2/ The sniper rifel scope can one change the the magnification like the
    the
    > other games of DF.

    Yes you can, check the manual it's in there and then you can remap the key
    to where you want it

    > 3/ If one gones in as a sniper then changes their mind do you have to
    leave
    > the game to change, (I've tried to change rifes and all I can get is
    another
    > snipe rifle)

    Go to the armoury and you can change character type in there

    > 4/ Does anyone know of a good Nova server where cheats don't get in,
    seems
    > like some now are useing stelth mod and going around knifeing everyone.
    But
    > I guess one can leave.

    Sorry can't help on this one

    > Well these are my Q's hope someone might have some answers.. Thanks in
    > advance
    >
    > Lite

    No problem happy gaming

    Regards

    ---
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    Hay there Gaoler, thanks for the info I think I have it now guess I should
    have looked at the keyboard lay out a little closer. Think I was into the
    Barrecks and read something about theres a patch for newer weapons and
    scopes but didn't bother to save it any idea on this. Also is there any good
    servers that one can connect to with a dial up (56K) I know I know but I
    can't get cable or DSL out my way and don't look like it anytime soon. Oh
    well guess I can keep trying until someone bans me from playing..
    Thanks for the Help again..

    Lite..

    Gaoler <gaoler@NOPSPAM.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Lightnen" <lightnenNoSpam@mnsi.net> wrote in message
    > > Hi there People:
    > > As the subject says I'm kind of new to BHD & TS but looking for
    answers
    > > about game play on Nova Servers,
    > > 1/ When in a capture the flag type game and there are Helo's on pads,
    > when
    > > it (the Helo) takes off can one steer/guide command it where you want
    or
    > > are you at the mersy of the gamer.
    >
    > No the Helis are AI controlled and take you to waypoints and set down etc
    >
    > > 2/ The sniper rifel scope can one change the the magnification like the
    > the
    > > other games of DF.
    >
    > Yes you can, check the manual it's in there and then you can remap the key
    > to where you want it
    >

    > > 3/ If one gones in as a sniper then changes their mind do you have to
    > leave
    > > the game to change, (I've tried to change rifes and all I can get is
    > another
    > > snipe rifle)
    >
    > Go to the armoury and you can change character type in there
    >

    > > 4/ Does anyone know of a good Nova server where cheats don't get in,
    > seems
    > > like some now are useing stelth mod and going around knifeing everyone.
    > But
    > > I guess one can leave.
    >
    > Sorry can't help on this one
    >

    > > Well these are my Q's hope someone might have some answers.. Thanks in
    > > advance
    > >
    > > Lite
    > >

    > No problem happy gaming
    >
    > Regards
    >

    > ---

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    > Hay there Gaoler, thanks for the info I think I have it now guess I should
    > have looked at the keyboard lay out a little closer. Think I was into the
    > Barrecks and read something about theres a patch for newer weapons and
    > scopes but didn't bother to save it any idea on this. Also is there any
    good
    > servers that one can connect to with a dial up (56K) I know I know but I
    > can't get cable or DSL out my way and don't look like it anytime soon. Oh
    > well guess I can keep trying until someone bans me from playing..
    > Thanks for the Help again..
    >
    > Lite..

    The new weapons come with Team Sabre if you have that add on. As for good
    servers all i can say is just play on a few and get a feel for them. That
    way you will get to know them better and will then adopt favourites

    Regards

    ---
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    Ok thanks there Gaoler, I've been trying to do that for a couple of days
    now, but can't really get the feel for it guess many because of the dial up
    here.
    Oh and yes I do have the up grade TS so I guess I'll have to be happy with
    the weapons I have, thought they'd at least put a silencer on one of the
    sniper rifles.. LOL
    Well thanks for all the info.. Happy shooten to ya..

    > "Lightnen" <lightnenNoSpam@mnsi.net> wrote in message
    > > Hay there Gaoler, thanks for the info I think I have it now guess I
    should
    > > have looked at the keyboard lay out a little closer. Think I was into
    the
    > > Barrecks and read something about theres a patch for newer weapons and
    > > scopes but didn't bother to save it any idea on this. Also is there any
    > good
    > > servers that one can connect to with a dial up (56K) I know I know but I
    > > can't get cable or DSL out my way and don't look like it anytime soon.
    Oh
    > > well guess I can keep trying until someone bans me from playing..
    > > Thanks for the Help again..
    > >
    > > Lite..
    >
    > The new weapons come with Team Sabre if you have that add on. As for good
    > servers all i can say is just play on a few and get a feel for them. That
    > way you will get to know them better and will then adopt favourites
    >
    > Regards
    >

    > ---

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    "Lightnen" <lightnenNoSpam@mnsi.net> wrote in message
    > Hi there People:
    > As the subject says I'm kind of new to BHD & TS but looking for answers
    > about game play on Nova Servers,
    > 1/ When in a capture the flag type game and there are Helo's on pads,
    when
    > it (the Helo) takes off can one steer/guide command it where you want or
    > are you at the mersy of the gamer.

    Nope. If you want to fly helos and drive vehicles, then recommend you get
    Joint Ops by NL. Try their demo.

    > 2/ The sniper rifel scope can one change the the magnification like the
    the
    > other games of DF.

    Hit F1 during game play. All your keys are listed there. Use page up and
    down to scroll thru them. I use this cause I don't keep my manual handy and
    sometimes I forget a key or two.

    > 3/ If one gones in as a sniper then changes their mind do you have to
    leave
    > the game to change, (I've tried to change rifes and all I can get is
    another
    > snipe rifle)

    When you are in the Armory, there's an option to change soldier class there.
    Also, at the start of the next map, there's usually a limited amount of time
    where you can hit the 0 key and change class/weapons.

    > 4/ Does anyone know of a good Nova server where cheats don't get in,
    seems
    > like some now are useing stelth mod and going around knifeing everyone.
    But
    > I guess one can leave.

    Search the web for DF sites. They usually have links to clans that run a
    clean server. like www.dfbarracks.com

    > Well these are my Q's hope someone might have some answers.. Thanks in
    > advance
    >
    > Lite

Games Command Prompt Servers Video Games