Problems with Installshield run in new install of XP Pro

Wes

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002

I bought a used computer, upgraded to an AMD 2800XP + with Soyo K7VMP2 MOBO. I did a clean install of Windows XP Pro on the existing Hard drive and when I tried to load any software via CD I get an error message stating there exists a problem with Installshield blah, blah, blah. I have only been able to load software via internet or protable HD. However I have programs that will not transfer with this method. What is the fix?

Wes <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I bought a used computer, upgraded to an AMD 2800XP + with Soyo K7VMP2 MOBO. I did a clean install of Windows XP Pro on the existing Hard drive and when I tried to load any software via CD I get an error message stating there exists a problem with Installshield blah, blah, blah. I have only been able to load software via internet or protable HD. However I have programs that will not transfer with this method. What is the fix?

InstallShield is a third-party software. Support is available from
www.installshield.com.

--
(tm)