ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

I know this does not have anything to do with microsoft,
but I am having a big problem with a computer Iam working
on. The computer had 19 viruses and trojan horses. The
guy had never done any window updates. I finally got
everthing caught up. I have done numerous virus scans
with pc pit stop, nortons and symantec's website. I have
used ad-aware several times. I am still having a problem
with the yahoo and google searches. No matter what i
search for it takes you to the same page. here is an
example

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=&ei=UTF-8&fr=fp-tab-web-
t&cop=mss&tab=
I have done searches for some know adult extensions and
have not found any. I don't know what else to do. he no
longer has the windows xp installation cd. I apologize
about this not being microsoft related.

I read yesterday that Adaware isn't enough. Download and run Spybot from

http://www.safer-networking.org/

It's also free and catches items Adaware won't.

Malv

"ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I know this does not have anything to do with microsoft,
> but I am having a big problem with a computer Iam working
> on. The computer had 19 viruses and trojan horses. The
> guy had never done any window updates. I finally got
> everthing caught up. I have done numerous virus scans
> with pc pit stop, nortons and symantec's website. I have
> used ad-aware several times. I am still having a problem
> with the yahoo and google searches. No matter what i
> search for it takes you to the same page. here is an
> example
>
> http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=&ei=UTF-8&fr=fp-tab-web-
> t&cop=mss&tab=
> I have done searches for some know adult extensions and
> have not found any. I don't know what else to do. he no
> longer has the windows xp installation cd. I apologize
> about this not being microsoft related.

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Malvern
Thanks for your help. I used spybot and spy
hunter. The spy hunter worked great. Its a free scanner
but you have to pay to have anything removed. It found
programs the other two did not and I then manually
deleted them.