I am trying to use some maps for a game that I
downloaded. They are zip files and normaly they would
open by them selves, but they say they need to know the
program that made them. This is getting really agrevating
because I don't know and a normal computer would open
them. I have Windows XP. Please help me!

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:45:50 -0700, John Coner wrote:

> I am trying to use some maps for a game that I
> downloaded. They are zip files and normaly they would
> open by them selves, but they say they need to know the
> program that made them. This is getting really agrevating
> because I don't know and a normal computer would open
> them. I have Windows XP. Please help me!

Try Start> Run> regsvr32 zipfldr.dll
Doing so will re-enable the operating system's built-in support for
Compressed (zipped) Folders.
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

there are zip files that need to be opened by winzip, but would rather not
open using the "unzipper" that comes along with winxp.

you may download winzip from www.winzip.com.

hope this helps.

regards,
--
Dennis Lazo

the email address from where this message has been sent from is unmonitored.
your replies may not be received. replies may be sent at
http://dennislazo.com/email/.