Reference for other sites

I have been looking at instructions and books and they all talk about
how to set up one's own site, and I've done that. What I need to know
now is what happens when I go somewhere that has a hotspot open to use.
How to I select it and incorporate it so that I can use it? I am sure
I am imagining it as more complicated than it is, but I am old, and
grey, and full of sleep...

What if there are several open wireless services found by scan. Etc.
Where do I find instructions for all of that?

Thank you.

"Gualtier Malde" <valacapt@belahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have been looking at instructions and books and they all talk about
> how to set up one's own site, and I've done that. What I need to know
> now is what happens when I go somewhere that has a hotspot open to use.
> How to I select it and incorporate it so that I can use it? I am sure
> I am imagining it as more complicated than it is, but I am old, and
> grey, and full of sleep...
>
> What if there are several open wireless services found by scan. Etc.
> Where do I find instructions for all of that?
>
> Thank you.

What operating system is on you laptop?

If XP it is quite straightforward. Right click the "dual computer" icon in
the lower right. and select "view available networks". Choose the one you
want.

--
Bob Alston

---

Bob Alston wrote:

> "Gualtier Malde" <valacapt@belahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>What if there are several open wireless services found by scan. Etc.
>>Where do I find instructions for all of that?
>>
>>Thank you.
>>
> What operating system is on you laptop?
>
> If XP it is quite straightforward. Right click the "dual computer" icon in
> the lower right. and select "view available networks". Choose the one you
> want.

Windows 2000. I was talking more about when there are more than one
wireless within range. My system seems to select a single one, leaving
me no control (though I haven't wide experience - the two wifi sources
might have been two nodes of the same commercial system, in a marina).
In any case, though, I wasn't given a choice.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS