DJ

I continually get a white box in the middle of my monitor
that will not go away while using IE6 with WinXP Pro. It
blocks everything on that part of the monitor. Any
suggestions? Thanks.

Hi

Have you got anything else running at the same time - including in the background? Next time you get the white box can you access Task Manager - Ctrl-Alt-Del - and click on the Processes tab. Which process has the highest listing under 'CPU'?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"DJ" <davidcarlson_cft@msn.com> wrote in message news:154101c4267c$7032bcb0$a001280a@phx.gbl...
| I continually get a white box in the middle of my monitor
| that will not go away while using IE6 with WinXP Pro. It
| blocks everything on that part of the monitor. Any
| suggestions? Thanks.

---

DJ

"System Idle Process" stays at the highest with between 55
and 89 under the CPU.
then "IEXPLORE.EXE", "Kazaa.exe", "taskmgr.exe", "explorer.
exe", McShield.exe", and a couple others compete for the
#2 spot. I've tried closing out everything but
explore.exe and iexplore.exe, but I still get the white
box. Any other ideas?

19/04/2004
>.

Hi

If you are using a P2P program such as Kazza that could be your problem. Try IE without running Kazza. I see that you also have McAfee running as well. Both of those running in the background will slow your PC down. You want 'System Idle Process' as high as possible.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"DJ" <davidcarlson_cft@msn.com> wrote in message news:1c7701c42710$95ddfd50$a401280a@phx.gbl...
| "System Idle Process" stays at the highest with between 55
| and 89 under the CPU.
| then "IEXPLORE.EXE", "Kazaa.exe", "taskmgr.exe", "explorer.
| exe", McShield.exe", and a couple others compete for the
| #2 spot. I've tried closing out everything but
| explore.exe and iexplore.exe, but I still get the white
| box. Any other ideas?

---

DJ

Thanks for all of your help. Any ideas about what it
could be if not running Kazaa doesn't work? I have Mcafee
antivirus and firewall running, as well. Thanks.

(http://www.grisoft.com).
>| 19/04/2004
>| >.
>| >

>---
19/04/2004
>.

DJ

Thanks for all of your help. In addition to Kazza, as you
pointed out, I have Mcafee antivirus running. I also have
Mcafee firewall running. Any ideas as to what I should do
if not running Kazaa doesn't work? Thanks.

19/04/2004
>.

Hi

Any program running in the background is going to have some effect on the usage of your PC. Downloading files - via Kazza for instance - will not help matters.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"DJ" <davidcarlson_cft@msn.com> wrote in message news:1dcf01c42724$98a06190$a301280a@phx.gbl...
| Thanks for all of your help. Any ideas about what it
| could be if not running Kazaa doesn't work? I have Mcafee
| antivirus and firewall running, as well. Thanks.

| >|
| then "IEXPLORE.EXE", "Kazaa.exe", "taskmgr.exe", "explorer.
| >| exe", McShield.exe", and a couple others compete for
| the
| >| #2 spot. I've tried closing out everything but
| >| explore.exe and iexplore.exe, but I still get the white
| >| box. Any other ideas?

---

DJ

Well, it's still happening. I have noticed that the
majority of the time it happens is when I go to my banks
website which is http://www.kansasstatebank.com/. It uses
java or javascript or something because when I go to it
the "Java Console" icon pops up next to my "clock".
Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Date:

>| >---
>| >Checked by AVG anti-virus system