lost all users on log in screen after last microsoft update

After update on 4-16-04 from icrosoft I am unable to log into my HP laptop because and the reboot all my user accounts are gone.
1 answer Last reply
More about lost users screen microsoft update

    Are you sure all accounts are gone? Did you used to see a listing of users
    on the logon screen? Did the logon screen change so that it prompts you for
    crtl-alt-del to logon?

    If you are getting the crtl-alt-del screen, have you tried typing in the
    user account name with proper password?

    You may have just lost the logon screen that lists the user accounts.

    1. Log on to the computer as an administrator.

    2. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click User Accounts.

    3. Click Change the way users log on or off.

    4. If it is not already selected, click to select the Use the Welcome
    screen check box. NOTE: The Use Fast User Switching check box is
    unavailable until you click to select the Use the Welcome screen check
    box.

    5. Click to select the Use Fast User Switching check box, and then
    click Apply Options. Quit the User Accounts tool.

    --
    Darren Hook
    dhook@online.microsoft.com

    Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
    newsgroup purposes only.

    "frank333" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After update on 4-16-04 from icrosoft I am unable to log into my HP laptop
    because and the reboot all my user accounts are gone.

Login Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP