Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)
Are you sure all accounts are gone? Did you used to see a listing of users
on the logon screen? Did the logon screen change so that it prompts you for
crtl-alt-del to logon?
If you are getting the crtl-alt-del screen, have you tried typing in the
user account name with proper password?
You may have just lost the logon screen that lists the user accounts.
1. Log on to the computer as an administrator.
2. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click User Accounts.
3. Click Change the way users log on or off.
4. If it is not already selected, click to select the Use the Welcome
screen check box. NOTE: The Use Fast User Switching check box is
unavailable until you click to select the Use the Welcome screen check
5. Click to select the Use Fast User Switching check box, and then
click Apply Options. Quit the User Accounts tool.
Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"frank333" <email@example.com> wrote in message
> After update on 4-16-04 from icrosoft I am unable to log into my HP laptop
because and the reboot all my user accounts are gone.