ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

How many times can I use my new XP-Pro software to
install on computer? I did it on my desktop system, and I
have three laptops that I want to install it in. Can I do
this many?

In case you overlooked it:

On the back of the Windows XP box, please read the statement:

"For installation and use on one computer"
(see License Agreement for license terms).

You must purchase a new license (Product Key) for each
installation of Windows XP installed on a different computer.

Additional Licenses for Windows XP Home Edition
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/howtobuy/addlic.asp

Additional Licenses for Windows XP Professional
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/addlic.asp

Go to Start >Run box type: WINVER , and hit enter. Then click on the
"End-User License Agreement" and read it. Your answer
lies in that agreement.

You can also open XP's "Help and Support" and type: EULA
and hit enter. Click on "Questions and answers about the EULA".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

| How many times can I use my new XP-Pro software to
| install on computer? I did it on my desktop system, and I
| have three laptops that I want to install it in. Can I do
| this many?

"Ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How many times can I use my new XP-Pro software to
> install on computer? I did it on my desktop system, and I
> have three laptops that I want to install it in. Can I do
> this many?

Ray,

No.

One purchased license per machine.
You will need to buy 3 more licenses for your laptops.
(It has been this way since Windows 3.1 - many many years ago)

--
Regards,

Mike
--