Registration of windows XP and viruses

1.I had a copied version of windows XP profess.in spanish.
I was looking for an English version and could not get
it. Eventually I had an original version installed -in
Spanish -
2. The number in "information of my PC" is not identical
with the number on the sticker of my tower that came with
the newly bought softwareof Windows XP prof. Now My
question is: Which number should a take. When I tipe in
the new number when requesting tecnical support by
microsof, the pc.does not accept it.How many numbers are
supposed to be there anyhow. I would so much like to get
in touch with microsoft to solve my virus problem.
Thank you
1 answer Last reply
More about registration windows viruses

    Hi,

    The Product Key used for installation is 25 characters in a format of 5
    groups of 5 characters. Do not confuse this with the Product ID (seen in
    system information) which is a 20 character figure that is used for support
    incidents.

    Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Gabriela" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > 1.I had a copied version of windows XP profess.in spanish.
    > I was looking for an English version and could not get
    > it. Eventually I had an original version installed -in
    > Spanish -
    > 2. The number in "information of my PC" is not identical
    > with the number on the sticker of my tower that came with
    > the newly bought softwareof Windows XP prof. Now My
    > question is: Which number should a take. When I tipe in
    > the new number when requesting tecnical support by
    > microsof, the pc.does not accept it.How many numbers are
    > supposed to be there anyhow. I would so much like to get
    > in touch with microsoft to solve my virus problem.
    > Thank you

Microsoft Windows XP