I have icons stacked three high in the "tray" not side by side as they have been, and using the "double arrow head curser" will make it larger but will not make it smaller..ie. return to icons side by side in single space tray.

THIA for any help

First, unlock the Taskbar (right-click on taskbar, uncheck
"Lock the Taskbar")

Click and drag the separator bar over to the right of the taskbar.
(It's the separator that looks like four dots and then three dots
running side by side vertically). It seems to allow you do a double-
decker effect with the task bar. Once you drag the lower one to
the right of the taskbar, it allows you to resize the taskbar.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!