Outlook address book and messages lost after XP Upgrade

April 20, 2004 5:37:21 PM

I recently upgraded to XP from 98SE last night. I lost
all my e-mail address' and saved messages during the
upgrade. How can I get them back? I did try Microsoft
Knowledge Base Article # 313055...no luck...argh..help
April 20, 2004 7:14:20 PM

I have the same problem, can anyone help PLEASE
peter
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 10:01:00 AM

Bill Hutt wrote:
> I recently upgraded to XP from 98SE last night. I lost
> all my e-mail address' and saved messages during the
> upgrade. How can I get them back? I did try Microsoft
> Knowledge Base Article # 313055...no luck...argh..help

If you were using OE 5 or higher before, search your hard drive for
Inbox.dbx
(If you are using WinXP you will have to set the search to include
hidden files and folders.)

If you find two copies, use OE's File | Import | Messages | Microsoft
Outlook Express 6 and choose to import from an OE6 store directory.
Browse
to the folder holding the older Inbox.dbx.

313055 - OLEXP: Mail Folders, Address Book, and E-mail Messages Are
Missing
After You Upgrade to Microsoft Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q313055

--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

"Bill Hutt" <nit10elions@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I recently upgraded to XP from 98SE last night. I lost
> all my e-mail address' and saved messages during the
> upgrade. How can I get them back? I did try Microsoft
> Knowledge Base Article # 313055...no luck...argh..help

Mail lost after upgrading to XP
http://www.mvps.org/ecvogel/kb/XP_OE_Lost.htm
April 21, 2004 1:08:46 PM

!