Outlook address book and messages lost after XP Upgrade

I recently upgraded to XP from 98SE last night. I lost
all my e-mail address' and saved messages during the
upgrade. How can I get them back? I did try Microsoft
Knowledge Base Article # 313055...no luck...argh..help
4 answers Last reply
More about outlook address book messages lost upgrade

    I have the same problem, can anyone help PLEASE
    peter

    Bill Hutt wrote:
    > I recently upgraded to XP from 98SE last night. I lost
    > all my e-mail address' and saved messages during the
    > upgrade. How can I get them back? I did try Microsoft
    > Knowledge Base Article # 313055...no luck...argh..help

    If you were using OE 5 or higher before, search your hard drive for
    Inbox.dbx
    (If you are using WinXP you will have to set the search to include
    hidden files and folders.)

    If you find two copies, use OE's File | Import | Messages | Microsoft
    Outlook Express 6 and choose to import from an OE6 store directory.
    Browse
    to the folder holding the older Inbox.dbx.

    313055 - OLEXP: Mail Folders, Address Book, and E-mail Messages Are
    Missing
    After You Upgrade to Microsoft Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q313055

    --
    Kath Adams
    MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

    "Bill Hutt" <nit10elions@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I recently upgraded to XP from 98SE last night. I lost
    > all my e-mail address' and saved messages during the
    > upgrade. How can I get them back? I did try Microsoft
    > Knowledge Base Article # 313055...no luck...argh..help

    Mail lost after upgrading to XP
    http://www.mvps.org/ecvogel/kb/XP_OE_Lost.htm

    "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> [...]

Outlook Microsoft Windows XP Books