Closed

Hosting and playing from my network, please help! (Joint o..

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Ok, i have set up one of my PC's to host JO, and it works good, my
squad can get into my server and play just fine, but when i try to
enter i get stuck at enumerating session all the time. Also, maybe
something that has to do with the same thing, we use Ventrilo to talk
in games, my other PC is also a server for ventrilo and if i use my
external IP to try and join it i cant. I have to use a local internal
IP of that exact machine to access it that way. any ideas? if you can
help post here, or actually please e-mail me at Robert@prizopst.com

thx in advance
*PSYCHO*Propst
//SIGNED//
http://www.psychosquadron.com
4 answers Last reply
More about hosting playing network help joint
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    this was in a forum

    Q: I am hosting a Joint Operations Typhoon Rising game on NovaWorld and people are able to see it in the game lobby, but when they
    attempt to join they get stuck at the "Enumerating Session" screen or receive an error message.

    Answer: If you are hosting the game from behind a router and you have not set up port forwarding, your game will be visible in the
    NovaWorld game lobby but will be inaccessible. You will need to configure your router to forward all incoming traffic on UDP port
    32768 to the internal IP address of the computer which will be hosting the game.

    Q: How do I configure my router to play Joint Operations Typhoon Rising?

    Answer: If you are simply going to join multiplayer games, you shouldn't need to change your router settings. If you plan to host
    games on NovaWorld, however, you'll need to assign your computer as a "DMZ" server (thus allowing other computers access to your
    server) or allow inbound services on UDP port 32768.

    Here are example steps for configuring a Netgear ProSafe FR114P firewall/router: (If you require help configuring your router,
    please contact your router's manufacturer.)

    Start up Internet Explorer and type "http://192.168.0.1" in the address box, followed by your name and password ("admin" and
    "password" are the default.)

    The router's settings page should then be displayed. Click on the "Services" option on the left and then select the "Add custom
    service" option. Name the service "JOTR", set the type to "UDP", then set the start and finish port to 32768. Apply these settings
    and then click "Rules" on the left-hand side of your screen.

    Under "Inbound services" select "Add" and choose "JOTR" from the list of services presented. Set "Allow always" as the action. Then
    put your computer's IP address for the "Send to LAN server" field. WAN users should be set to "Any". The "log" setting can be set as
    you see fit. If you want players to be able to see the ping time to your server from the game server list, you must check the
    "Respond to ping on Internet WAN port" option. Apply these settings and your firewall should be configured to allow you to host
    Joint

    --
    WÅTÒÓÇÊ<TZW>
    www.timezone-warriors.net

    The Claw is my Master
    I have Been Chosen
    Ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh

    "Robert Propst" <robert@prizopst.com> wrote in message news:2e096746.0407241023.373969ae@posting.google.com...
    Ok, i have set up one of my PC's to host JO, and it works good, my
    squad can get into my server and play just fine, but when i try to
    enter i get stuck at enumerating session all the time. Also, maybe
    something that has to do with the same thing, we use Ventrilo to talk
    in games, my other PC is also a server for ventrilo and if i use my
    external IP to try and join it i cant. I have to use a local internal
    IP of that exact machine to access it that way. any ideas? if you can
    help post here, or actually please e-mail me at Robert@prizopst.com

    thx in advance
    *PSYCHO*Propst
    //SIGNED//
    http://www.psychosquadron.com
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    Same ip so.......... like in all df games you cant host on 1 puter and play
    on a other using the join the same server stuff made by nova ( all games
    got add ons made by wizz kids like nedfox that make you join true a extra
    program)
    So get a extra ip or wait untill there is a program for join server like
    dfbhd pinger
    gr
    Heini
    "WÅTÒÓÇÊ <TZW>" <Klumsyfoot@kickAfrog.net> schreef in bericht
> [...]
    your firewall should be configured to allow you to host
    > Joint
    >

    > --
    > WÅTÒÓÇÊ<TZW>
    > www.timezone-warriors.net
    >
    > The Claw is my Master
    > I have Been Chosen
    > Ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh
    >
    > "Robert Propst" <robert@prizopst.com> wrote in message
    > Ok, i have set up one of my PC's to host JO, and it works good, my
    > squad can get into my server and play just fine, but when i try to
    > enter i get stuck at enumerating session all the time. Also, maybe
    > something that has to do with the same thing, we use Ventrilo to talk
    > in games, my other PC is also a server for ventrilo and if i use my
    > external IP to try and join it i cant. I have to use a local internal
    > IP of that exact machine to access it that way. any ideas? if you can

  3. You get the enumerating session error for one or two reasons.
    your connection is set to low or your player slots are set to high, or both...

    You need to raise your connection to 1.25mb(DSL)
    Set your allowd players to no more then 26 slots for that speed.

    Also make sure that you have port 32768 open in your firewall.
    If you are going to use WolfRat to manage on the outside, open port 40000.

    WalkingDead

Games Servers Video Games