Internet connection

I posted this before but did not did not mention that my connection is
through cable, not dial-up.

When I launch Internet Explorer I get the message: No internet connection
available: Retry or Work offline. When I press retry I get connected
immediately. Any idea what causes it and how to fix it?

Thanks

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

This used to happen to me all the time. If your situation is what I think it is, then it means that the internet has already connected before you started IE. Get the latest updates, and you could try changing the default connection to LAN, if that helps at all. If you are using an external program to connect to the internet, then make sure that program is correctly announcing the internet connection status.