Internet connection

I posted this before but did not did not mention that my connection is
through cable. All the replies applied to dial-up.

When I launch Internet Explorer I get the message: No internet connection
available: Retry or Work offline. When I press retry I get connected
immediately. Any idea what causes it and how to fix it?

Thanks

use the installation disk that came with your cable
modem/router to reconfigure it and your PC to default
connection settings. If this does not work contact you
Internet service provider.