Referenced memory errors

a b } Memory
April 21, 2004 6:09:05 PM

I'm having a problem with a couple of different applications-Roxio Easy
CD Creator and GuruNet (http://www.gurunet.com/)
The error messages that I have been getting are:

Roxio Easy CD Creator ha encountered a problem and needs to close. We
are sorry for the inconvenience.
The instruction at "0x00f1b0b2" referenced memory at "0x024f004c". The
memory could not be "read".
(Sometimes the instruction number is different such as "0x00e0b0b2". I
have been to their website and so far have been unable to find anything
to help me. I also have gotten this error message with Windows 2000 Pro,
same PC.)

GuruNet.exe Application Error
The instruction at "0x73dd1351" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The
memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.

Could someone give me some guidance as to what this means and at least a
way to start trying to fix it? I thought it was a Roxio problem at first
but since I have received this similar error with a couple of different
apps, I was wondering if it may be a hardware problem instead?
Unfortunately I am somewhat of a "newbie" so detailed instructions would
be very helpful and appreciated. Both OS's have the latest and greatest
patches, fixes, firewall, updated antivirus, etc.

Thanks to all,
Craig
April 22, 2004 12:31:47 PM

Roxio products are to be avoided in my opinion.. and aids like Gurunet and
Coppernic promise more than they deliver.. try Nero for your cdrw needs and
Google searches are as good as any..