Can't right click on task bar

I need to change the setting on my taskbar but I can't right click on it at all. I can't even right click to close a window. But I can right click on the desktop or on a webpage. Please help.

This is my original question:

delete a program that I never use and add a program that I
always use. Please let me know how.
the original answer to my question mr-rain wrote: -----

generally for starters... enter settings/taskbar start
menu. ensure that taskbar is unlocked and quick launch is
showing. from there anything that you want to remove,
right click and delete. to add, drag application icon from
it's location into the bar to create shortcut. you can
right click and rename if you wish to remove "shortcut"
from name. This all goes the same for the start menu as
well...
2 answers Last reply
More about click task

    Open Registry Editor and navigate to:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    Set "NoTrayContextMenu" to 0

    -or-

    Taskbar repair plus from: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell

    "renjen76" <renjen76@msn.com> wrote in message news:BC7CB806-0A18-4460-A0A5-A6A1004D82E1@microsoft.com...
    I need to change the setting on my taskbar but I can't right click on it at all. I can't even right click to close a window. But I can right click on the desktop or on a webpage. Please help.

    This is my original question:

  2. hey try downloading ccleaner, when you open the program click on tools it allows you to see what start up programs start just before your desktop loads. I had this problem when I deleted a few start up programs I rebooted straight away and found my taskbar/start button was back to normal. ccleaner shows you the path of the startup programs. I found that my problem was a spyware in one of my temp folders...

    good luck

Taskbar Windows XP