4500 VM Notification

Is there a way to make the external LED blink when a VM is waiting? Any way
to have the phone emit a tone when a VM is waiting? I know initally it will
sound a tone when the VM arrives.
8 answers Last reply
More about 4500 notification

    PornFlake wrote:
    > Is there a way to make the external LED blink when a VM is waiting?

    This is how you do it on the VX4400. I assume the 4500 may be similar.

    Menu - Messages - Message Settings - Message Alerts - Voice Mail Alert -
    Custom Ringtone - Lamp

    In addition to Lamp it also has vibrate which makes noise. LG seem
    to go out of their way to have a confusing menu structure.

    Roger

    Damn, I would not have thought to look there but that's where it was.

    Thanks!

    -Flake

    "Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message
    > PornFlake wrote:
    > > Is there a way to make the external LED blink when a VM is waiting?
    >
    > This is how you do it on the VX4400. I assume the 4500 may be similar.
    >
    > Menu - Messages - Message Settings - Message Alerts - Voice Mail Alert -
    > Custom Ringtone - Lamp
    >
    > In addition to Lamp it also has vibrate which makes noise. LG seem
    > to go out of their way to have a confusing menu structure.
    >
    > Roger

    Spoke to soon. Yest the LED does flash but it is not a continuous flash.
    It flashes 4 or 5 times then goes dark. I was hoping it would continue to
    flash until the VM was retrieved.

    Back to square one.

    -Flake

    PornFlake wrote:
    > Spoke to soon. Yest the LED does flash but it is not a continuous flash.
    > It flashes 4 or 5 times then goes dark. I was hoping it would continue to
    > flash until the VM was retrieved.

    It does flash until you next open the phone for the VX4400.

    Roger

    Nope, not on the 4500. Just a short notification and then nothing to
    indicate a VM.

    > PornFlake wrote:
    > > Spoke to soon. Yest the LED does flash but it is not a continuous
    flash.
    > > It flashes 4 or 5 times then goes dark. I was hoping it would continue
    > > flash until the VM was retrieved.
    >
    > It does flash until you next open the phone for the VX4400.
    >
    > Roger

    Maybe after the initial flash to notify of a voicemail, there is a lag
    and some minutes later it will flash again, and some minutes later
    again, until you take action. This would actually make the most
    sense, since it could be well after the voicemail that someone gets to
    the phone, better not to eat away at the battery with a continous
    flash.

    In article <-96dnd3sIoLjMhvd4p2dnA@giganews.com>, guest@aol.com says...
    > Is there a way to make the external LED blink when a VM is waiting? Any way
    > to have the phone emit a tone when a VM is waiting? I know initally it will
    > sound a tone when the VM arrives.

    You need to set the 2 MIN Alert -

    Menu, 3, 6, 4, 5 - set to ON

    Close enough to satisfy my need.

    Thank You.

    -Flake

    "dude" <dev@null.net> wrote in message
    > In article <-96dnd3sIoLjMhvd4p2dnA@giganews.com>, guest@aol.com says...
    > > Is there a way to make the external LED blink when a VM is waiting? Any
    way
    > > to have the phone emit a tone when a VM is waiting? I know initally it
    will
    > > sound a tone when the VM arrives.
    > >

    > You need to set the 2 MIN Alert -
    >
    > Menu, 3, 6, 4, 5 - set to ON

Verizon LED Monitor Internet Service Providers