4500 VM Notification

Is there a way to make the external LED blink when a VM is waiting? Any way
to have the phone emit a tone when a VM is waiting? I know initally it will
sound a tone when the VM arrives.

PornFlake wrote:
> Is there a way to make the external LED blink when a VM is waiting?

This is how you do it on the VX4400. I assume the 4500 may be similar.

Menu - Messages - Message Settings - Message Alerts - Voice Mail Alert -
Custom Ringtone - Lamp

In addition to Lamp it also has vibrate which makes noise. LG seem
to go out of their way to have a confusing menu structure.

Roger

Damn, I would not have thought to look there but that's where it was.

Thanks!

-Flake

"Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message
> PornFlake wrote:
> > Is there a way to make the external LED blink when a VM is waiting?
>
> This is how you do it on the VX4400. I assume the 4500 may be similar.
>
> Menu - Messages - Message Settings - Message Alerts - Voice Mail Alert -
> Custom Ringtone - Lamp
>
> In addition to Lamp it also has vibrate which makes noise. LG seem
> to go out of their way to have a confusing menu structure.
>
> Roger

Spoke to soon. Yest the LED does flash but it is not a continuous flash.
It flashes 4 or 5 times then goes dark. I was hoping it would continue to
flash until the VM was retrieved.

Back to square one.

-Flake

PornFlake wrote:
> Spoke to soon. Yest the LED does flash but it is not a continuous flash.
> It flashes 4 or 5 times then goes dark. I was hoping it would continue to
> flash until the VM was retrieved.

It does flash until you next open the phone for the VX4400.

Roger

Nope, not on the 4500. Just a short notification and then nothing to
indicate a VM.

> PornFlake wrote:
> > Spoke to soon. Yest the LED does flash but it is not a continuous
flash.
> > It flashes 4 or 5 times then goes dark. I was hoping it would continue
> > flash until the VM was retrieved.
>
> It does flash until you next open the phone for the VX4400.
>
> Roger

Maybe after the initial flash to notify of a voicemail, there is a lag
and some minutes later it will flash again, and some minutes later
again, until you take action. This would actually make the most
sense, since it could be well after the voicemail that someone gets to
the phone, better not to eat away at the battery with a continous
flash.

"PornFlake" <guest@aol.com> wrote in message news:<eoKdnWOhBN748xXdRVn2gw@giganews.com>...
> Nope, not on the 4500. Just a short notification and then nothing to
> indicate a VM.
>
> -Flake
>
> "Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message
> > PornFlake wrote:
> > > Spoke to soon. Yest the LED does flash but it is not a continuous
> flash.
> > > It flashes 4 or 5 times then goes dark. I was hoping it would continue
> > > flash until the VM was retrieved.
> >
> > It does flash until you next open the phone for the VX4400.
> >
> > Roger

dude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In article <-96dnd3sIoLjMhvd4p2dnA@giganews.com>, guest@aol.com says...
> Is there a way to make the external LED blink when a VM is waiting? Any way
> to have the phone emit a tone when a VM is waiting? I know initally it will
> sound a tone when the VM arrives.

You need to set the 2 MIN Alert -

Menu, 3, 6, 4, 5 - set to ON

Close enough to satisfy my need.