Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

4500 VM Notification

Tags:
  • Verizon
  • LED Monitor
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 5:29:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Is there a way to make the external LED blink when a VM is waiting? Any way
to have the phone emit a tone when a VM is waiting? I know initally it will
sound a tone when the VM arrives.

More about : 4500 notification

Anonymous
April 21, 2004 6:59:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

PornFlake wrote:
> Is there a way to make the external LED blink when a VM is waiting?

This is how you do it on the VX4400. I assume the 4500 may be similar.

Menu - Messages - Message Settings - Message Alerts - Voice Mail Alert -
Custom Ringtone - Lamp

In addition to Lamp it also has vibrate which makes noise. LG seem
to go out of their way to have a confusing menu structure.

Roger
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 4:47:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Damn, I would not have thought to look there but that's where it was.

Thanks!

-Flake

"Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message
news:0e7jl1-6oq.ln1@home.rogerbinns.com...
> PornFlake wrote:
> > Is there a way to make the external LED blink when a VM is waiting?
>
> This is how you do it on the VX4400. I assume the 4500 may be similar.
>
> Menu - Messages - Message Settings - Message Alerts - Voice Mail Alert -
> Custom Ringtone - Lamp
>
> In addition to Lamp it also has vibrate which makes noise. LG seem
> to go out of their way to have a confusing menu structure.
>
> Roger
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 4:54:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Spoke to soon. Yest the LED does flash but it is not a continuous flash.
It flashes 4 or 5 times then goes dark. I was hoping it would continue to
flash until the VM was retrieved.

Back to square one.

-Flake

"PornFlake" <guest@aol.com> wrote in message
news:9KudnegHPvWvahrdRVn2iw@giganews.com...
> Damn, I would not have thought to look there but that's where it was.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Flake
>
> "Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message
> news:0e7jl1-6oq.ln1@home.rogerbinns.com...
> > PornFlake wrote:
> > > Is there a way to make the external LED blink when a VM is waiting?
> >
> > This is how you do it on the VX4400. I assume the 4500 may be similar.
> >
> > Menu - Messages - Message Settings - Message Alerts - Voice Mail Alert -
> > Custom Ringtone - Lamp
> >
> > In addition to Lamp it also has vibrate which makes noise. LG seem
> > to go out of their way to have a confusing menu structure.
> >
> > Roger
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 5:09:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

PornFlake wrote:
> Spoke to soon. Yest the LED does flash but it is not a continuous flash.
> It flashes 4 or 5 times then goes dark. I was hoping it would continue to
> flash until the VM was retrieved.

It does flash until you next open the phone for the VX4400.

Roger
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 1:16:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Nope, not on the 4500. Just a short notification and then nothing to
indicate a VM.

-Flake

"Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message
news:lblll1-8j5.ln1@home.rogerbinns.com...
> PornFlake wrote:
> > Spoke to soon. Yest the LED does flash but it is not a continuous
flash.
> > It flashes 4 or 5 times then goes dark. I was hoping it would continue
to
> > flash until the VM was retrieved.
>
> It does flash until you next open the phone for the VX4400.
>
> Roger
>
>
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 5:05:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Maybe after the initial flash to notify of a voicemail, there is a lag
and some minutes later it will flash again, and some minutes later
again, until you take action. This would actually make the most
sense, since it could be well after the voicemail that someone gets to
the phone, better not to eat away at the battery with a continous
flash.



"PornFlake" <guest@aol.com> wrote in message news:<eoKdnWOhBN748xXdRVn2gw@giganews.com>...
> Nope, not on the 4500. Just a short notification and then nothing to
> indicate a VM.
>
> -Flake
>
> "Roger Binns" <rogerb@rogerbinns.com> wrote in message
> news:lblll1-8j5.ln1@home.rogerbinns.com...
> > PornFlake wrote:
> > > Spoke to soon. Yest the LED does flash but it is not a continuous
> flash.
> > > It flashes 4 or 5 times then goes dark. I was hoping it would continue
> to
> > > flash until the VM was retrieved.
> >
> > It does flash until you next open the phone for the VX4400.
> >
> > Roger
> >
> >
April 23, 2004 10:21:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

In article <-96dnd3sIoLjMhvd4p2dnA@giganews.com>, guest@aol.com says...
> Is there a way to make the external LED blink when a VM is waiting? Any way
> to have the phone emit a tone when a VM is waiting? I know initally it will
> sound a tone when the VM arrives.
>
>
>
>
You need to set the 2 MIN Alert -

Menu, 3, 6, 4, 5 - set to ON
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 2:32:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Close enough to satisfy my need.

Thank You.

-Flake

"dude" <dev@null.net> wrote in message
news:79dic.28971$635.25930@nwrdny03.gnilink.net...
> In article <-96dnd3sIoLjMhvd4p2dnA@giganews.com>, guest@aol.com says...
> > Is there a way to make the external LED blink when a VM is waiting? Any
way
> > to have the phone emit a tone when a VM is waiting? I know initally it
will
> > sound a tone when the VM arrives.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> You need to set the 2 MIN Alert -
>
> Menu, 3, 6, 4, 5 - set to ON
!