Sign in with
Your question

Blue Screens!! HELP!

Last response: in Windows XP
March 21, 2004 4:42:29 PM

Im getting blue screens when i try to load my OS from the cd. I cant install windows xp pr or window 2000 pro. All i get are blues screens during the setup.

For 2000 i get all the way to the first boot to where it finishes its set up, then it crashes

**STOP: 0x0000001E (0xc0000005, 0x00000000124) KMODE_EXEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

***Address 804BB837 base at 80400000, date stamp 384d9b17-ntoskrnl.exe

dumps memory

For XP it trys to start windows setup and get this blue screen.

***STOP: 0x0000008E (0x0Coooooo5, 0c8089383A, 0xF8983FF0, 0x00000000)

It tells me to turn off stuff in bios. IM LOST!

i have the latest bios and every thing.

The machine im doing this on is a ASUS A7V8X-X mobo with 512 megs ddr400 AMD 2400+ (266 fsb)

Ive switched out harddrives and singles out my memory chips to see if there is a bad one. The chips do it single and with the other chip in.

Please help me. Im desperate

"If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a
wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!"

More about : blue screens

March 22, 2004 10:15:32 PM

Bump!

wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!"
March 22, 2004 11:03:41 PM

Do you do, or do you not do have a USB hub connected to PC?

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...
Related resources
March 22, 2004 11:04:58 PM

Why do I need a fridge if I do not smoke???

March 22, 2004 11:27:15 PM

just for grins, try underclocking the RAM.

<pre> \|/
jlanka (. .)
___________oOOo_(_(_)_)_oOOo___________
</pre><p>
March 23, 2004 3:25:36 AM

Senseless babble always brings a grin to my face.
March 23, 2004 7:37:36 PM

I do not have a USB hub connected to my computer. My ram is set to autoclock, the processor runs 266, so ill set it there and see what happens. Ill underclock it too. Thanks and ill get back to you on this.

March 23, 2004 8:12:02 PM

Ok. I underclocked my ram. I reased the CAS latency. I even under clocked the processor and buss. I either got a restart when it trys to boot windows for the setup, it asks for the CD in the middle inepecting the hardware before setup, or is just does the same crap again with the blue screen.

Is this bad ramchips? Sucky VIA chipset? Im realy gettting ticked off at this thing.

Any ideas?

March 23, 2004 9:00:46 PM

definitely some hardware problem. What about trying one stick of RAM at a time, to see if one has a problem? Maybe there's a problem with the IDE bus/cable too.

<pre> \|/
jlanka (. .)
___________oOOo_(_(_)_)_oOOo___________
</pre><p>
March 23, 2004 9:11:00 PM

ive tryed both chips at once, same ordeal. i toggled my ide cables.. same thing..

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by clob on 03/23/04 06:11 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
March 23, 2004 9:38:24 PM

Mabie i have a lemon.. go figure huh.

March 25, 2004 11:12:10 PM

Well, I heard VIA word somewhere in there, do you do, or do you not do have a K6 processir? If you do do, then you are in the no go to the nowhere at all.

PS: next time (or even this one) sistema spex would be more helpfull to us (and so to you).

Anonymous
March 26, 2004 7:53:14 PM

He said he has a 2400+. If the memory checks out, my next guess would be the power supply.

March 27, 2004 4:09:09 AM

my bad, anyway, it is not a PS, he has mem problem with HD or Memory itself. Installation cant read/write into something. Hey, have you used different CD for install, I mean Win2k, ME, 98x, Lin/ux, whateva? If any of those can be installed, CD is the issue here, don't bother us with stuff that can be troubleshooted easy on the spot ;>

March 28, 2004 4:04:29 AM

I've seen that same thing happen three times now, One time it was a memory error with the memory they were using, another time they said it was a mobo(not confirmed), and the last time i saw it happening to a new system the CPU was effed up.
This was with a 2400xp. The last time.

The only one I can understand is the memory, i have no clue of how the other two factored into anything. Since you aren't getting beeps, then i'd suggest swapping memory first. If at all possible swap out cpu for [-peep-]'s and giggles.

If it was a hard drive, the only thing i could say is try and do a format again, if that doesn't work possibly a bad low level format? Maybe it's trying to write info to a couple of bad sectors... :/ 

Those were all brand new OS install's with XP. All three of the people tried multiple OS disks of XP, and 98.

<A HREF="http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=277124623" target="_new">http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=277124623...;/A>
46,510 , movin on up. 48k new goal. Maybe not.. :/ 
March 28, 2004 5:43:56 AM

Interesting.. im just going by some new ram. The HD is fine and if the new ram wont work ill just buy a new board.

It says in the manuel for the mobo that a processor with 333 bus wont work on 400mhz ram chips, but 266 will. It says i have to have 333 for the processor to work at 333, and nothing else. I think this is garbage. The 400 should automaticaly clock down to 333. Am i right on this?

!