hot swapping on a7m2666

G

I've been reading up on hot swapping techniques. now i've got an old socket 7 motherboard with possible bad bios chip and would like to get it up and running again. I've downloaded the bios file and have flashing programs . i know that most asus boards will write to the boot block, but not to sure about my own.. I've got an asus a7m266 (theres no jumper for enabling/disabling boot block write) but was wondering if the board will be okay to write the entire file to a new chip, boot sector and all??
I'm gambling a bit since i havent installed a zif socket but i've got a steady hand and a chip removal toll(errgh he whimpers a little uncertainly) well dint like my board that much anyway
thanks

delpart

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2002
First, how do you know you BIOS might be bad? You might be able to change something.

Second, get the aflash program from Asus and the proper BIOS update file. If you have these already; ignore.

Third, on the Asus site there are instructions for how to update you BIOS, if it is necessaryto do so.

Fourth and foremost, Never hot swap chips or any peripheral. You won't like what happens afterwards to the equipment and possibly yourself.

en Xristos