Lost all my Users

April 22, 2004 5:42:19 PM

Started PC and at the Windows Login Screen there are no
users listed. I hit C+A+D twice to get the login screen
and input the usernames manually. None of them are
working. I tried Safe mode, with the same result.

I tried resetting lost password with a Linux Bootdisc and
a program that would be able to reset the passwords, and
it tells me that there are no Users in the registry.

How do I recover, or in this case remake the users
without being able to boot into Windows to do it?

HELP

More about : lost users

April 23, 2004 2:27:08 AM

lost profile

Logon to another account with admin privilege and run System Restore.
Choose the most recent restore point and SR should restore the user
hives.

Create a New User or Restore the User Profile
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q318011

HOW TO Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q308421
peter

!