NTLDR is missing. Press any key to restart

April 23, 2004 8:36:05 AM

A new owner of a Toshiba Satellite Pro A10 with Windows XP
professional. I now get the above message but, of course,
pressing any key doesn,t help. What should I do? As I am
not able to get into DOS the solutions involving that
approach do not work.

Merçi beaucoup!

(I am currently in France for a while)
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 4:42:41 PM

Hi

Boot with your XP CD in the cd drive. Select 'To repair..' by pressing 'R'. When in the Recovery Console type the following:

"copy X:\i386\ntldr C:\" - without the quotes. Where X is the letter of your CD drive and C is the letter of your system drive. Take the XP CD out of the cd drive and reboot into XP normally.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Ronaldo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33cb01c42927$299bb470$a501280a@phx.gbl...
A new owner of a Toshiba Satellite Pro A10 with Windows XP
professional. I now get the above message but, of course,
pressing any key doesn,t help. What should I do? As I am
not able to get into DOS the solutions involving that
approach do not work.

Merçi beaucoup!

(I am currently in France for a while)

---