Backing up hard drive

Could you tell me how to back up hard drive using using Roxio. What is best type and size of disc to use? Thankyou
3 answers Last reply
More about backing hard drive

    Ask Roxio - this is an XP newsgroup.

    "Colly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Could you tell me how to back up hard drive using using Roxio. What is
    best type and size of disc to use? Thankyou

    "Colly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Could you tell me how to back up hard drive using using Roxio. What is
    best type and size of disc to use? Thankyou
    =================================

    If you mean backing up your files. Open program and select DATA. *Read the
    Helpfiles* You drag and drop the files you want to save to the burn window.
    Watch to see when disk is full. I use CDBurnerXPpro (Free) to do backups.
    Roxio/EZCD Creator would be similar. CD-Rs are the cheapest to use. Buy
    them when on sale. I get the 80 minute ones and just file them away after
    burning. About once a year I throw out the oldest ones.

    Before you do anything read the helpfiles and/or the book you get with the
    Burner software.

    FS........

    "Colly" said in news:C217BD16-EBEC-4384-B817-343EDD206AE6@microsoft.com:
    > Could you tell me how to back up hard drive using using Roxio. What
    > is best type and size of disc to use? Thankyou

    Well, how much do you want to pay? I still have Visual Studio 6 because
    I've had no need to bother with Microsoft's solution to losing Java by
    going with .NET and C# (instead I would use Java). I guess if I needed
    something new or somehow lost use of VS6 then I'd be looking for
    something free or real cheap. I'm assuming you meant you want a C++
    editor (and probably a C compiler, too), not just any C++ coded program.
    Like I said, I still use VS6, so I have no experience with the
    following. They were just what I found simply doing a Google search on
    "free C++ editor".

    Borland C++ Builder X, C# Builder (Personal versions are free)
    http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_cbuilder.html

    Bloodshed Dev-C++ (free)
    http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

    http://www.thefreecountry.com/compilers/cpp.shtml

    *** Email: domain = ".com" and append "=news=" to Subject.

Hard Drives Microsoft Windows XP