Backing up hard drive

Could you tell me how to back up hard drive using using Roxio. What is best type and size of disc to use? Thankyou

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Ask Roxio - this is an XP newsgroup.

"Colly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Could you tell me how to back up hard drive using using Roxio. What is
best type and size of disc to use? Thankyou

"Colly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Could you tell me how to back up hard drive using using Roxio. What is
best type and size of disc to use? Thankyou
=================================

If you mean backing up your files. Open program and select DATA. *Read the
Helpfiles* You drag and drop the files you want to save to the burn window.
Watch to see when disk is full. I use CDBurnerXPpro (Free) to do backups.
Roxio/EZCD Creator would be similar. CD-Rs are the cheapest to use. Buy
them when on sale. I get the 80 minute ones and just file them away after
burning. About once a year I throw out the oldest ones.

Before you do anything read the helpfiles and/or the book you get with the
Burner software.

FS........

"Colly" said in news:C217BD16-EBEC-4384-B817-343EDD206AE6@microsoft.com:
> Could you tell me how to back up hard drive using using Roxio. What
> is best type and size of disc to use? Thankyou

Well, how much do you want to pay? I still have Visual Studio 6 because
I've had no need to bother with Microsoft's solution to losing Java by
going with .NET and C# (instead I would use Java). I guess if I needed
something new or somehow lost use of VS6 then I'd be looking for
something free or real cheap. I'm assuming you meant you want a C++
editor (and probably a C compiler, too), not just any C++ coded program.
Like I said, I still use VS6, so I have no experience with the
following. They were just what I found simply doing a Google search on
"free C++ editor".

Borland C++ Builder X, C# Builder (Personal versions are free)
http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_cbuilder.html

Bloodshed Dev-C++ (free)
http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

http://www.thefreecountry.com/compilers/cpp.shtml

*** Email: domain = ".com" and append "=news=" to Subject.