Backing up hard drive

April 24, 2004 12:56:03 AM

Could you tell me how to back up hard drive using using Roxio. What is best type and size of disc to use? Thankyou

More about : backing hard drive

April 24, 2004 1:20:19 AM

Ask Roxio - this is an XP newsgroup.

"Colly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Could you tell me how to back up hard drive using using Roxio. What is
best type and size of disc to use? Thankyou
Anonymous
April 24, 2004 4:09:46 AM

"Colly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Could you tell me how to back up hard drive using using Roxio. What is
best type and size of disc to use? Thankyou
=================================

If you mean backing up your files. Open program and select DATA. *Read the
Helpfiles* You drag and drop the files you want to save to the burn window.
Watch to see when disk is full. I use CDBurnerXPpro (Free) to do backups.
Roxio/EZCD Creator would be similar. CD-Rs are the cheapest to use. Buy
them when on sale. I get the 80 minute ones and just file them away after
burning. About once a year I throw out the oldest ones.

Before you do anything read the helpfiles and/or the book you get with the
Burner software.

FS........
Anonymous
April 24, 2004 8:20:39 AM

"Colly" said in news:C217BD16-EBEC-4384-B817-343EDD206AE6@microsoft.com:
> Could you tell me how to back up hard drive using using Roxio. What
> is best type and size of disc to use? Thankyou

Well, how much do you want to pay? I still have Visual Studio 6 because
I've had no need to bother with Microsoft's solution to losing Java by
going with .NET and C# (instead I would use Java). I guess if I needed
something new or somehow lost use of VS6 then I'd be looking for
something free or real cheap. I'm assuming you meant you want a C++
editor (and probably a C compiler, too), not just any C++ coded program.
Like I said, I still use VS6, so I have no experience with the
following. They were just what I found simply doing a Google search on
"free C++ editor".

Borland C++ Builder X, C# Builder (Personal versions are free)
http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_cbui...

Bloodshed Dev-C++ (free)
http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

http://www.thefreecountry.com/compilers/cpp.shtml

*** Email: domain = ".com" and append "=news=" to Subject.