saving pictures to cd

i cannot get my pictures to save to a cd. when i try to do so, i get an i/o device error or when it asks to put a cd into drive e nothing happens. what am i doing wrong?

Hi,

Perhaps nothing. Do disks read ok otherwise? Some things to check, assuming
you are using the native burning service:

- Start/run msconfig, on the services tab make sure the imapi burning
service is enabled.
- Right-click the drive in Windows Explorer, choose properties. Go to the
recording tab, make sure the option to "enable recording on this drive" is
checked.

You may also want to run a CD lens cleaning disk in the drive. These are
easy to find for less than $10US in any store that sells CD/DVD players, and
does not have to be a pc-specific one. Your problem could easily be
attributed to dust/dirt buildup.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

"cranbogmama" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i cannot get my pictures to save to a cd. when i try to do so, i get an
>i/o device error or when it asks to put a cd into drive e nothing happens.
>what am i doing wrong?

Does anyone know how to make a copy of a dvd movie?

--
Barb