What happened to the Mech type games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matsat

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
I loved these games but haven't seen one in a long time....the modability of the Mechs was fun and with today's graphics...things like blowing up a city would be great. Just curious if there are any out there or if anyone has heard of one in the dev pipeline somewhere.

Did anyone else like these games or was it just me?

Update: Just found one at http://www.warworld.net ....anyone tried this one yet?

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
God they were great games. Was a load of fun. Nothing like shooting the leg off an enemy and running rings around him taking him down one piece at a time.

Human1

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
I tend to hate xbox ports. The controls never really work on a PC the way they should.
Still, thanks for the heads-up about these games. I hope they rock.
Sierra had a great game, too, that they ended up basing Tribes off of. It had mechs and all, was pretty cool as I remember.
The next BF will have mechs, but you'll have to fight off your vehicle-whore teamates to get to one....

G

I tend to hate xbox ports. The controls never really work on a PC the way they should.

I absolutely agree to this statement. But sometimes they do it right.

pswenne

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
How about a free mech MMO made by Ncsoft?
it's called Exteel

the official web site is here

the game is not available yet but it was announce at E3 and should be release later this year.

There is a threat on this in the COH forums and also a trailer posted by one of the Dev working on it

right here

it looks pretty cool, you can also customize your Mech ;)

dyerwolf

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries has been redone compleatly with new mechs/weapons/graphics and released for free distribution under MekTek Developmet ( www.mektek.net) Allso with their own game Assault Tech 1

Status
Not open for further replies.