G

I was just reading the article from Tom's delivered just the other day, "Attack of the Chipsets - Intel 845E and 845G for 533 MHz FSB and DDR-SDRAM".

In this article the writer was saying the new chipset 845G supports among other things DDR333. I've checked out as many MB sites as possible and NONE of them support this speed of ram. This highest they go is PC2100 not PC2700.

Am I reading this article wrong, if not, whats up?

thanks,
Peter

G

Intel doesn't officially support DDR333 RAM, but most (if not all) of the non-Intel boards support the correct memory clock multiplier for DDR333. I'm kind of surprised there wasn't any mention of this in the article. I guess there might have been - I tend to skim, but this is the kind of thing that that blinking HTML fonts were made for.

G

Thanks for the reply. I just find it kind of odd that all MB makers state either officially or unofficially that they support RDRAM 1066, but no mention is made of DDR333 on 845G boards.

At the moment I'm trying to decide between the two type of boards (really prefer intel chipsets), but can't make up my mind. DDR333 is a good bet for future compatibility but if its not 'officially' supported I'm tending to lean towards RDRAM. Now if I can just find someone selling RDRAM 1066.