  • Internet Explorer
  • Browsers
  • Windows XP
April 24, 2004 8:12:06 PM

Windows xp home
IE 6
Every time I open my browser it only fills bottom half of screen, It
restores down ok but when I try to maximise it goes back to half screen. Can
someone help , has my brain gone out and left the light on.
Regards oxy

More about : browser problem

Anonymous
April 24, 2004 8:30:59 PM

Hi

Try this:

Drag the window to the size that you want it, then holding down the Ctrl key close that window by clicking on the X in the top right hand corner.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Oxy" <oxyjon@THEWIDEblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23Pn175gKEHA.2396@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
| Windows xp home
| IE 6
| Every time I open my browser it only fills bottom half of screen, It
| restores down ok but when I try to maximise it goes back to half screen. Can
| someone help , has my brain gone out and left the light on.
| Regards oxy

---
April 24, 2004 8:58:50 PM

The window wont drag when it is set in maximum view (full screen) but only
fills bottom half of screen.
news:o $ghmEhKEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
Hi

Try this:

Drag the window to the size that you want it, then holding down the Ctrl key
close that window by clicking on the X in the top right hand corner.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Oxy" <oxyjon@THEWIDEblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
| Windows xp home
| IE 6
| Every time I open my browser it only fills bottom half of screen, It
| restores down ok but when I try to maximise it goes back to half screen.
Can
| someone help , has my brain gone out and left the light on.
| Regards oxy

---
April 24, 2004 8:58:51 PM

Oxy wrote:
> The window wont drag when it is set in maximum view (full screen) but
> only fills bottom half of screen.

You could never (in any windows OS I know of) drag a truly full screened
window of any sort anywhere. If it is FULL SCREENED, that means it is as
large as it can get and stuck (attached) to the screen it is maximized on.

What I think Will suggested was leave the window NOT maximized and drag it
to the size you want with the mouse (on any edge of the window when NOT
maximized, you will see the cursor change to the double-arrows and you can
hold down the left mouse button and stretch the window.). As long as you
don't actually maximize, you can then move it where you want.

Also, do you have a DUAL monitor setup and if so, are you running any
software specific to dual monitors?

--
<- Shenan ->
April 24, 2004 10:53:33 PM

"Shenan Stanley" <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote in message news:eQEbkOiKEHA.1132@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
| Oxy wrote:
| > Windows xp home
| > IE 6
| > Every time I open my browser it only fills bottom half of screen, It
| > restores down ok but when I try to maximise it goes back to half
| > screen. Can someone help , has my brain gone out and left the light
| > on.
| > Regards oxy
|
| Will Denny wrote:
| > Try this:
| >
| > Drag the window to the size that you want it, then holding down the
| > Ctrl key close that window by clicking on the X in the top right hand
| > corner.
|
| Oxy wrote:
| > The window wont drag when it is set in maximum view (full screen) but
| > only fills bottom half of screen.
|
| You could never (in any windows OS I know of) drag a truly full screened
| window of any sort anywhere. If it is FULL SCREENED, that means it is as
| large as it can get and stuck (attached) to the screen it is maximized on.
|
| What I think Will suggested was leave the window NOT maximized and drag it
| to the size you want with the mouse (on any edge of the window when NOT
| maximized, you will see the cursor change to the double-arrows and you can
| hold down the left mouse button and stretch the window.). As long as you
| don't actually maximize, you can then move it where you want.
|
| Also, do you have a DUAL monitor setup and if so, are you running any
| software specific to dual monitors?

Hi

Yes - the screen should *not* be Maximised, but dragged to an appropriate size.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

---