CPU usage

Really don't know what to do to diagnose the problem :

I've just reinsattaled WinXP Home on my computer two weeks ago ... since a
few days, it's very slow and my CPU usage is at 100 % ... i did stop some
processes but it's always at 100 %. Anybody knows where to look at to find
the problem ?

JBPQ

You can open event viewer in ADM. to start,see what events/errors are takeing
place.Next,go to run,type:Msconfig Services tab,select,hide all microsoft services,
then select disable all,then close out restart computer.Back on desktop,see if the cpu
usage has changed,if so you'll know its not in microsoft software.Reopen Msconfig,
restart services,restart computer.

Thank you, Andrew.... with the use of MSConfig... I've found my problem...
it's my Oracle installation that caused a so high CPU usage.... I'll have to
reconfigure it... thanks again

"Andrew E" <eckrichco@msn.com> a écrit dans le message de
> You can open event viewer in ADM. to start,see what events/errors are
takeing
> place.Next,go to run,type:Msconfig Services tab,select,hide all
microsoft services,
> then select disable all,then close out restart computer.Back on
desktop,see if the cpu
> usage has changed,if so you'll know its not in microsoft software.Reopen
Msconfig,
> restart services,restart computer.

TRENDING THREADS