E-mail option in Word has disappeared!

Excuse the newbie question, my last pc was a Commodore 128 so am on steep learning curve! I'd just sussed out how to write an e-mail in word and then connect & send. However if I now open Word the 'create new e-mail' option has disappeared, only the 'open new doc', 'open existing doc', etc remain. Very annoying.... anybody suggest where it's gone? Am learning fast but obviously, not fast enough! This happened since d'loading the latest windows updates, but this might be coincidental. Thanks in anticipation.
1 answer Last reply
More about mail option word disappeared

    Hi

    You may be better off creating new messages in Outlook/Outlook Express. For new email via Word - if available - Start>New Office Document - on the General tab 'E-mail Message'

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    "peterhorse77" <peterhorse77(nospamthanks)@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:CBDFD74C-0B2D-4C62-8DB4-8013ACD1BB6C@microsoft.com...
    | Excuse the newbie question, my last pc was a Commodore 128 so am on steep learning curve! I'd just sussed out how to write an e-mail in word and then connect & send. However if I now open Word the 'create new e-mail' option has disappeared, only the 'open new doc', 'open existing doc', etc remain. Very annoying.... anybody suggest where it's gone? Am learning fast but obviously, not fast enough! This happened since d'loading the latest windows updates, but this might be coincidental. Thanks in anticipation.

    ---

Email Microsoft Windows XP