Quest for the lost Horizontal Shooter

HectorSmarties

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
Hello there,

Here's my problem; I used to play this game a lot, during one of my summer vacations. It was in 1991, and I was 11 years old, so I don't recall the name of the game... :(
I'll tell you what I remember from the game, and if any of you match my memories with a game you know, please let me know. :)

The game resembles a lot like Thunder Cross, When I first saw the screenshots of Thunder Cross, I even thought it was the game I was looking for, but it's somewhat different.
Like Thunder Cross, the game type is an Horizontal Shooter, and you flew a plane. I don't remember if the plane fired missiles or cannon rounds as the main weapon; but unlike Thunder Cross, you could catch some powerups that gave you bombs and other secondary weapons. These secondary weapons were limited in number, so you couldn't spam the entire area, once you got them.
The map layout is as follows (as much as I can remember):

1st Level - You start in a city, you destroy some planes, tanks, etc etc. And you end up fighting a super tank that fills up a quarter of the screen.
2nd Level - You fight in the skies. I remember there were giant missiles flying also, coming from all directions. You had to be careful, because if you touched one of those, you were dead. I can't remember the boss of that level...
3rd Level - This one was in the jungle. I remeber seeing a lot of annoying red planes. I think I died a lot to them. The boss of this level was a giant plane.

The rest of the levels are pretty vague in my head. I remeber that later on you fought over a sea. And you had to destroy a super-battleship. I also remember a level with a lot of bio-organic foes...

Well, if anyone knows what game this is, please tell me! :)

Thanks!

HectorSmarties

TRENDING THREADS