dual cpu..

phill21

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
hi all..
wanting some advice...
wanting a dual cpu system, not sure why just want one...
can anyone recommend me a system that costs little but is lightening..
i have been recommended a tyan board, with a dual 1800xp type amd cpus, a geforce 3 minimum and the normal.. ie fast hard drives etc..
is it worth to get a raid type board or do most dual cpu board come with that as standard?
not bothered about on board things, dont like that stuff... makes more problems than solves them...
if anyone can recommend me something it would be great ... thanks for the help guys and gals !!
cheers!!

if all else fails... kick it and if it goes wrong, say it wasnt you...

Renegade87

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
Dude,

Way too much to go into here. You will definitely want to post these and all your other dual cpu related questions at the 2cpu.com forums. Those guys deal with dualies daily. They can really help you out.

Good luck.

Dave

"It's not that I don't like people, I just seem to feel better when they're not around" <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Renegade87 on 05/25/02 11:48 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Ratch

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If you don't know why you want it, then don't go for it. I have always associated dual CPU's with OS's like Windows NT server. You may want to think about your OS, this could effect your gaming or cause you to purchase a new OS.

I don't know which OS's support the Dual CPU config (or should I say use it propoerly) these don't seem that popular with gamers.

Go to the forums like Renegade suggested and ask questions like:

Whats the best OS
What games will use the 2 CPU's
Is DirectX compatable with the OS?? (if NT I dont think it is)
Whats driver support like (Bios) for the boards