Creating a Usable Network Boot Disk for the Dell Latitude ..

When Using Symantec Ghost Network Boot Wizard, cannot create a disk
that will work with the 3Com Mini PCI 10/100 Ethernet Adapter.

I have tried a multicard disk, a ne2000 disk, and several custom disks.

None work , and cannot find the network interface card.

This card functions in Win2K perfectly. However I am unable to get

Ghost to find the NIC in dos?

My next step is to just purchase a new NIC, that is a known good
adapter.

Any Useful suggestions would be most appreciated. : ]

<malcolm.luff@gmail.com> wrote in message
> When Using Symantec Ghost Network Boot Wizard, cannot create a
> disk that will work with the 3Com Mini PCI 10/100 Ethernet Adapter.
>
> I have tried a multicard disk, a ne2000 disk, and several custom disks.
>
> This card functions in Win2K perfectly. However I am unable to get
> Ghost to find the NIC in dos?

I believe that's the same mpci that is used in the C600, so the driver you
want is EL556.DOS. Try searching the 3Com site for that, or alternatively
go to www.netbootdisk.com, download the Universal TCP/IP Network Bootdisk,
and extract the driver from that disk.