Sign in with
Your question
Solved

CANT GET C64 GAMES DOWNLOADED TO WORK WITH EMULATORS

Last response: in Windows 7
August 11, 2010 2:06:04 PM

Hello,
I RECENTLY BOUGHT A LAPTOP(ACER ASPIRE)AND DOWNLOADED CLOANTO 64,I ALSO FOUND A WIZBALL DOWNLOAD.CANT GET WIZBALL TO WORK.I FOUND OUT U HAVE TO UNZIP OR UNPACK THE FILE TO GET THE .EXE. COMMAND.I HAD A GO AND I THINK I UNZIPPED FILE BUT STILL CANT IT WORK .HELP!!
a b $ Windows 7
August 11, 2010 4:22:28 PM

First why are you yelling at us?
Double click the zip file, it should expand to show what is inside it.
look for setup.exe and double click it. What happens?
m
l
August 11, 2010 4:55:03 PM

sorry for the yelling!i tried that but i think i already stuffed up the file(i downloaded a few)because i cant get it to expand to show me the files,im a newbie
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 11, 2010 5:00:22 PM

That's ok Download it again.
Does it ask you if you want to un zip?
It may have unzipped itself. They typically make a new directory that is called what the zip file was called.
m
l
August 11, 2010 5:15:13 PM

mhelm1 said:
That's ok Download it again.
Does it ask you if you want to un zip?
It may have unzipped itself. They typically make a new directory that is called what the zip file was called.

i recently installed the free winzip to try and extract the .exe. but didnt understand the process (im pc illiterate)so i removed it and tried using windows extract function.i dont understand what to name my files and where they end up .i really appreciate your help
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
August 11, 2010 5:21:42 PM
a b $ Windows 7
August 11, 2010 5:29:09 PM

Most Zip extracters will put the files into a directory named (whatever the zip was called) It will let you name it what you want and will locate it where you want.
The structure: Root or drive(the physical disk)usually C:\. Now that is further divided into directories. The directory can have in it Sub Directories, and files.
If that was over your head then you should purchase a book, go to a class or search the web for instruction on basic computer knowledge because it only gets complicated from there. (Attributes, permissions, extensions, etc..)
and that's a lot to do on this site.( it's been done already somewhere else)
m
l
August 11, 2010 5:38:51 PM

mhelm1 said:
Most Zip extracters will put the files into a directory named (whatever the zip was called) It will let you name it what you want and will locate it where you want.
The structure: Root or drive(the physical disk)usually C:\. Now that is further divided into directories. The directory can have in it Sub Directories, and files.
If that was over your head then you should purchase a book, go to a class or search the web for instruction on basic computer knowledge because it only gets complicated from there. (Attributes, permissions, extensions, etc..)
and that's a lot to do on this site.( it's been done already somewhere else)

thanks for your help i actually did buy a windows 7 manual but the compress\uncompress section was vague.i really needed some guidance so thanks
m
l
August 18, 2010 12:39:16 PM

Best answer selected by OLD SCHOOL37.
m
l
!