CANT GET C64 GAMES DOWNLOADED TO WORK WITH EMULATORS

OLD SCHOOL37

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Hello,
I RECENTLY BOUGHT A LAPTOP(ACER ASPIRE)AND DOWNLOADED CLOANTO 64,I ALSO FOUND A WIZBALL DOWNLOAD.CANT GET WIZBALL TO WORK.I FOUND OUT U HAVE TO UNZIP OR UNPACK THE FILE TO GET THE .EXE. COMMAND.I HAD A GO AND I THINK I UNZIPPED FILE BUT STILL CANT IT WORK .HELP!!

OLD SCHOOL37

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010

i recently installed the free winzip to try and extract the .exe. but didnt understand the process (im pc illiterate)so i removed it and tried using windows extract function.i dont understand what to name my files and where they end up .i really appreciate your help

mhelm1

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
Most Zip extracters will put the files into a directory named (whatever the zip was called) It will let you name it what you want and will locate it where you want.
The structure: Root or drive(the physical disk)usually C:\. Now that is further divided into directories. The directory can have in it Sub Directories, and files.
If that was over your head then you should purchase a book, go to a class or search the web for instruction on basic computer knowledge because it only gets complicated from there. (Attributes, permissions, extensions, etc..)
and that's a lot to do on this site.( it's been done already somewhere else)

OLD SCHOOL37

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010

thanks for your help i actually did buy a windows 7 manual but the compress\uncompress section was vague.i really needed some guidance so thanks